RB25DET first start up video

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
Accelerated Concepts
Car: Nissan Cars

Here is the video of when I first started the car when I finished the wiring. I know that there is no intercooler in the video. Don't worry, I didn't run it like that. I only had it that way to start it up. I was still waiting on my front mount at the time. The car is in the body shop getting painted and the intercooler is in too. I will post pics as soon as I get it back from getting sprayed. Here is the video

zed616

sweet man. car looks great.

dan240
Car: killing stealth R/T and camaros

congrats ben!!! (i hope to be saying that to my friend ben soon too!) it's pretty interesting to see all the new innovators pop up in the land of RB's. Keep it up guys! i'm sure all the guys who will be using your guides in the future will be thanking you.

Take care guys!

Accelerated Concepts

Thanks NIGHT for the intro and compliment. Sorry if the download rate for the video is slow. I will see if I can do something about that.

Vrtgrumpy

Hey Ben, Don't forget who helped you with all of this...... I remember getting a call every other day... hehehehehehe

Glad you got it going......... Hope to see you at NOPI!!!!!

Grumpy

Accelerated Concepts

Yes, I know, I thank you for your support Grumpy. I will see you at NOPI.

Vrtgrumpy

Hey Night, don't want to burst your bubble or anything but my car has the KA and RB harness integrated since May of last year. Also, you still need to run a converter for the Speed and tach. Don't want to start a fight or anything just letting everyone know what still needs to be done to run the stock guages......................

We offer the service for anyone..... We have done a RB20 and RB25 already and in the process of doing two more right now (RB25).

He knows where he got the info and help on getting everything working and running right.

Well go to go, got to take the car down for Roll-in for the show this weekend...................... and yes I am driving it.. hehehehehhe HKS 2535 Turbo is so much fun............

Latz,Grumpy

Accelerated Concepts

Just to add some clarity to it too. I got a lot of help from Mack, but I also figured some of it out on my own(things that were not told to me). No pissing contest, just a couple of shops working together for the better good.

rbsileighty
Car: 92 S13 Hatch w/ RB20 & 05 Audi S4 Avant 6MT

Vrtgrumpy wrote:Hey Night, don't want to burst your bubble or anything but my car has the KA and RB harness integrated since May of last year. Also, you still need to run a converter for the Speed and tach. Don't want to start a fight or anything just letting everyone know what still needs to be done to run the stock guages......................

We offer the service for anyone..... We have done a RB20 and RB25 already and in the process of doing two more right now (RB25).

He knows where he got the info and help on getting everything working and running right.

Well go to go, got to take the car down for Roll-in for the show this weekend...................... and yes I am driving it.. hehehehehhe HKS 2535 Turbo is so much fun............

Latz,Grumpy

What kind of converter are you using for the tach and speedo? I have asked this question a few times with no answer. I would rather use the stock gauge cluster than doing some autometers or something. Thanks for the help!

FAST-DATSUN

WE are using electronic converters for the speedo and tack. We having some bugs with the final production models and will have the bugs works out very soon. speedo looks good, but tack having some problems with correct reading, but will just have to add a converter to make it work..Expect to have done and for sale in 2-3 weeks... Mack

Accelerated Concepts

To all,

Please go to this link, it should help you in your quest for rb25det swap info.

Vrtgrumpy

Ben, Can't wait till you get everything done to the car. Should be nice..... We should see how many 240's with RB's we can get together for the NOPI event. It would be nice to see them all in a row.......

And, YES shops do need to work together. This way we can provide a better service for the consumer. All in all, everyone wins.

Should have the new manifold done next week. I am adding a T-61 with a HKS wastgate to the car for the Import Auto show in April. Manifold will be avaible to the public in a couple of weeks.

Who all is going to the 240 convention this year?????

Got to go, too tired.....

Grumpy

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Always glad to have some more knowlegde prowling around NICO. Congrats on the RB install, I've been in love since I first drove my GTS-t out of the lot.

WD

Redline240
Car: 95 240sx

Hey Grumpy and Accelerated Concepts, have you done a RB26 swap yet? If so will you be offering any services with regarding wiring the RB26?

FAST-DATSUN

WE offer the RB26 wiring service call or e-mail for quote and info..

Mack at mckinney

Accelerated Concepts

We are finishing up on a RB26 install as I type this.

Redline240
Car: 95 240sx

Accelerated Concepts wrote:We are finishing up on a RB26 install as I type this.

Did you keep the twin turbo setup and LHD?

Accelerated Concepts

No, the car has upgraded to the single turbo setup to clear the steering column.

d240t2

Quote »And, YES shops do need to work together. This way we can provide a better service for the consumer. All in all, everyone wins. [/quote]Absolutely. That has always been our goal as well. Good to see you on here, Grumpy.

And we offer the wiring service for all RBs as well at unStable Hybrids.

We will definitely be at the convention in full force...with tons of our cars (since a ton of our customers are in the SouthEast area). I can't wait; it is going to be a great weekend.

Dennis

Accelerated Concepts

See you there.

Vrtgrumpy

Hey Night,

Glad to hear you go tthe 240 back on the road. Have fun at HIN......

Yes, you get credit too.... hehehehe we can't leave you out..... wouldn't be right...LOL.

Grumpy

FAST-DATSUN

Night Hope, you did well at the show!! Post some pic's for us to see the new paint.. Mack

Dori Dori
Car: Cars of course

Ben, where are you located? I noticed an FIU sticker on the car and I'm from FL.:)

I'd love to see the car, so let me know.

Accelerated Concepts

Yeah, that sticker was from when I was in Miami. I am in Ft. Walton Beach now.

Accelerated Concepts

Dori Dori, didn't you live up here in Ft. Walton Beach? And your WRX is Silver with tons of mods on it?

hokiruu
Car: 2012 INFINITI M37X Platinum Graphite

'95 240sx/s14 SR20DET (in 2000) SOLD

Vrtgrumpy wrote:Hey Night, don't want to burst your bubble or anything but my car has the KA and RB harness integrated since May of last year. Also, you still need to run a converter for the Speed and tach. Don't want to start a fight or anything just letting everyone know what still needs to be done to run the stock guages......................

Latz,Grumpy
Hi! You have a 2535? I am in the process of putting together an SR swap ( I know, its not an RB) and have been interested in that turbo. How much boost are you runnin with it. I know it is supposed to be rated at 340hp. but what do you think I could run safely on a stock internal SR? Sorry to pop so many random questions, but i found your post on a search for " hks 2535", so I thought I'd ask. Any info would be appreciated. Uuri

FAST-DATSUN

The 2535/2835 are capable of over 20psi of boost depending on the maker. at a highter flow rate than a stock T25/28...If your motor is in good shape you should be able to handle 350/400 HP HKS rates the 2835 at 400HP with the correct mods to go with it...

Dori Dori
Car: Cars of course

Accelerated Concepts wrote:Dori Dori, didn't you live up here in Ft. Walton Beach? And your WRX is Silver with tons of mods on it?
Negative. I am in Lake Worth.

hokiruu
Car: 2012 INFINITI M37X Platinum Graphite

'95 240sx/s14 SR20DET (in 2000) SOLD

FAST-DATSUN wrote:The 2535/2835 are capable of over 20psi of boost depending on the maker. at a highter flow rate than a stock T25/28...If your motor is in good shape you should be able to handle 350/400 HP HKS rates the 2835 at 400HP with the correct mods to go with it...
Sorry if I am leading this thread off the topic, but you are saying this is possible on stock internals (granted it has a metal head gasket, RAS, Valvesprings, injectors, reprog. ECU, etc.)? HKS rates their 2535 at 340hp, and this sounds feasible for a stock internal SR pushing about 20psi, or no?

FAST-DATSUN

YES it can properly tuned.. I recommond a 1.2or 1.8mm head gasket to lower compression reducing chances of detionation. you will need injectors and computer tuning to get the power and let the engine live..

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”