RB25det 1000HP Build

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
Jimefam

Heres two pictures of my rear housing and ladder bars coming together. This week they will be wrapping up a few things and hopefully I'll have plenty more pictures to share at the beginning of next week.

Coolwhip
Vendor
Car: RB26 Raw Brokerage War Machine

such a cool thread to look through in the morning :)

nice progress

Jimefam

Ok here's the latest, cage is done and the wheel tubs are pretty much done. They are currently working on finishing up the ladder bar frame and reinstall the floor and install the rear suspension. Here's some pictures of the latest advancements:

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Amazing work so far! Keep the updates coming..

Jimefam

Eikon wrote:Amazing work so far! Keep the updates coming..
Thanks will do. Here are a few pictures of the sheet metal going in. They will cut and weld it all in next week.

bmxarmy
Car: 1961 rambler

Lookin soooooo good! bet you cant wait to bring her home!

Jimefam

Trust me I'm dying to get it done asap so that I can begin making some test hits and figure out what I may possible need to do to be ready for next year. Finally got some good news on the custom solid lifters I had made by supertech which have been holding up my motor for over a month. Since I switched to the tomei 290 cams I had to use different lifters which supertech made for me. After an extended delay I got word on Friday that they've finally shipped so I should have back my motor soon. The plan is to take the motor to NRC to mock it up in the car and have them make me a crossmember to lower the motor as much as possible and make all the intercooler and turbo piping. Then the motor comes out and back to Proline to get tuned on an engine dyno. Getting close!

bmxarmy

wooopp woooooooop! i dyno'd today it is fun!!! cant wait to see what this b**** will do!

HxC_Nismo
Car: 98' Nissan 240sx SE R33 RB26DET, 07' Nissan Titan SE, 05' Toyota Corolla

looks amazing bud, keep em coming. Ill be working on finishing mine next month, ive been pretty busy lately

Jimefam

bmxarmy wrote:wooopp woooooooop! i dyno'd today it is fun!!! cant wait to see what this b**** will do!
Glad to see you got it running right and got the turbo issue resolved. Now you need to take it to the track and see what she runs before winters sets in!
HxC_Nismo wrote:looks amazing bud, keep em coming. Ill be working on finishing mine next month, ive been pretty busy lately
Thanks Ill be anxiously awaiting your results, I bet your dying to drive the car after being without it so long I know I'm ready to see this thing done already. Who will be doing your tuning?

chad b.
Car: chocolate chip kouki

It's awesome to see someone wanting to make real power and hook up in a straight line. The fabrication is excellent. The car is over-the-top.

Jimefam

And here she is with the rear tin all in:

Darius
Car: RB25DET S14 - 665 WHP (SOLD)

Man this is immaculate! This thing needs to be in magazines when you are finished! No joke. :dblthumb: :dblthumb:

Jimefam

Darius wrote:Man this is immaculate! This thing needs to be in magazines when you are finished! No joke. :dblthumb: :dblthumb:
Yeah NRC is doing an incredible job and they're attention to detail is something else. They are also constantly updating me and going over different ideas with me. I'm all for a magazine shoot so long as the final picture shows the car in the winners circle! I just want to get racing and see what a little RB25 can manage.

Yellow4g63
Car: 95 RB20 240, 91 NX2000 VE power, 95 Stock 240sx

Whats the curb weight your shooting for Jim?

Jimefam

Yellow4g63 wrote:Whats the curb weight your shooting for Jim?
Well for the class I'm planning on running I have to weigh at least 2,850 fully fueled and with the driver based on the turbo I'm running but I'd like to be at around 2500 with me in it and then add ballast for the class. Thats because I'd like to be able to run the lighter weight when I dont have an X275 event to run and just want to see how fast I can get the car running.

bmxarmy

2500......thats pretty light! the rambler is 3008 with me in it. hahaha nothing like some vintage tin to weigh you down!

Jimefam

2500 is the goal but I think it'll be tough to reach that with all that I've had to add(25.5 cage, ford 9", fire suppresion systems, big turbo, big tires etc) so we'll see but that 2500 would go along way towards helping me reach a few goals I have for the car. 3,000w/driver isn't to bad for the rambler actually, I would have thought quite a bit more since as you mentioned cars aren't built like they used too.

bmxarmy

Yea it truly surprised me also. I thought it would be WAY heavier than that!

Jimefam

Okay here are some quick poor quality cell phone pics of the greddy manifold with the fuel rail and injectors in place. I just got back from cali from picking up my other car and I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow but when I come back in two weeks I will pick up my motor and go put it in the car so they can work on the front end.

240sxcl50
Car: 95 s14

I think they're going to have to put police on the 1/4 mile for the fact that this thing is breaking the awesome barrier at mach 20!!

nismosis
Car: 1998 240sx w/ RB25
2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Limited MT

awesome build!! if you dont mind me asking, whats a rough guess on what you have spent on all of this?? this is going to be an amazing car when its finished though!!! cant wait to see it finished!

Jimefam

nismosis wrote:awesome build!! if you dont mind me asking, whats a rough guess on what you have spent on all of this?? this is going to be an amazing car when its finished though!!! cant wait to see it finished!
By the time the car is 100% ready to race I'd say total cost will probably 60k or so. It definitely adds up and when I began the build I hadn't planned all this.

Eikon

Jimefam wrote:
nismosis wrote:awesome build!! if you dont mind me asking, whats a rough guess on what you have spent on all of this?? this is going to be an amazing car when its finished though!!! cant wait to see it finished!
By the time the car is 100% ready to race I'd say total cost will probably 60k or so. It definitely adds up and when I began the build I hadn't planned all this.

Hey, if you haven't already.. please get a stated value insurance policy on the car.

Keep up the great work and keep the updates coming.. *Every time I see this thread pop up to the top of my recent threads I get a little excited!!!

Jimefam

Yeah actually as soon as the car is a complete roller I will get a racing policy which will even cover me as I go down the track. No way I come out of pocket this type of cash should the car get wrecked or any other type of accident. The car of one of the guys who works at proline recently caught fire during a run and suffered 50k worth of damage. Luckily he's insured as well but that's a great point I've seen a few people pour lots of cash in a project and not be covered. Thanks for the comments.

Eikon

I would recommend getting it insured right now.. I recently heard a story of a guy who's project got swiped out of the shop.. was a C6 vette.. the engine was on a stand near the car. Whoever stole it must have brought a flatbed for the car and used a cherry picker or something to take the engine as well. he hadn't gotten his policy set up yet and is out about $30k. He figured he'd wait til it was done..

I just would hate to see something bad happen to you. I guess I'm turning into an old worry wart.. lol

Jimefam

No that's good advice. I had held off on it because when I called up to get insured they told me it wasn't worth it to start paying now because it's under the shops insurance. Your right though that may be more hassle in case anything happened.

TimTurboZ
Car: 95 S14 w/RBXX... 65' Mustang GT

Should of done RHD...haha that would be odd to see at a 1/4 mile track for sure especially the classes you'll be running in! Your build is awesome. So total car cost you say 60K...but what about just your 1000hp goal...like how much did it cost for you motor and all work/parts done to it? I've read this thread thru before so sorry if u already told the cost of the engine. I'm interested in the costs involved with the power more so than making it able to hook up and drag on it.

RRRRB
Car: 98 RB powered S14

im excited to see what the engine puts out and how it copes with the abuse.. i dont think anyone has pushed a RB25 like this before??

nismosis
Car: 1998 240sx w/ RB25
2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Limited MT

yea thats crazy 60k, i mean i guess its not that much compared to all that you're doing and all of the extra parts that you have bought. i second what timeturboz asked, what about the cost of just the 1000hp build (just one set of pistons/parts) :) the rhd thing would have been pretty funny also... or if you did the thing where people flip the body of the car backwards, that would be pretty funny too :P

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”