RB25det 1000HP Build

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
Jimefam

It's fuel injector connection although I believe there is one that ends in clinic also. I personally haven't bought their injectors before but have several people who bought from them for drag V8's. They sell redrilled injectors but regardless of what John has shown me I prefer the stock high flow Bosch ones. It's funny because we compared a set of ID2000's that I had bought and they are the exact Bosch injector just relabeled. They flowed exactly the same regardless of pressure. I have been in pretty regular contact with Rob and other high HP RB builders from Australia and NZ and they've offered some great advice, some have been encouraging while others are pretty doubtful but we'll just have to run it and see. Actually the guy with the fastest skyline in the world predicted I'd blow 3 or 4 motors before giving up and going with a 26 or 30 lol. I've done a few things which IMO will improve my chances of making my goal but the truth is at this level the slightest mistake will cost me the engine. I also know from talking to those who have built more than a few RB's around my power goal that regardless of how well it goes these things require constant refreshes and no one besides rob at rips thought I could see this engine going past 100 passes in the best of scenarios. I'd like to get 1 or 2(would be awesome) seasons with the RB with just minor refreshes before I make a change I'm already working on.

chad b.
Car: chocolate chip kouki

Worse case scenario you bust the 25 block and put a 30 in it. Good luck dude.

Jimefam

Bob@NRC sent me a few quick pictures today of the beginning of my cage. Today they will cut the wheel wells to see how wide a tire I can fit back there and still remain within the class rules and also so he'll know what size housing to make for the rear end.

Jimefam

Few more:

Darius
Car: RB25DET S14 - 665 WHP (SOLD)

:dblthumb:

bruce-m
Car: Nissan Skyline R33 GTST

Will be following this thread closely :dblthumb:

Jimefam

Went and picked up a few parts and tried to clean up my garage from stripping the car which was a mad rush and left my garage looking like pull-a-part!

Got the Compressor Housing Polished:

Got the Full-Race Manifold ceramic coated:

And got a set of Hoosier 28X10.5 Slicks:

Making a list of all the electrical components on the car and how much they draw so I can begin ordering everything I'll need to make the new engine and chassis harness.

Madhatter969
Car: 95' SE s14 - build project
05' Evo VIII - DD

Good god this is shweet. That thing's going to be a beast. Props!

Krazykouki

can't wait to see the V24 come to life...thats alot of CP pistons you got there...lolololol...Don't let the turbo fool you either, it was picked up from Home Depot, in the leaf blower section...we just haven't figured out where to attach the cord.

Jimefam

Yeah since everyone keeps telling me how many engines I'm gonna blow I decided to stock up. Turns out you get a discount when you buy a half dozen or more sets lol.

Krazykouki

Jimefam wrote:Yeah since everyone keeps telling me how many engines I'm gonna blow I decided to stock up. Turns out you get a discount when you buy a half dozen or more sets lol.
:werd:

TPR3TC
Car: 1978 corolla turbo 3tc efi, g-force GF5R, chevy 8.5" 10 bolt.

Jimefam wrote:Bob@NRC sent me a few quick pictures today of the beginning of my cage. Today they will cut the wheel wells to see how wide a tire I can fit back there and still remain within the class rules and also so he'll know what size housing to make for the rear end.
Bob n Jay at NRC are top notch to say the least. They did a 8.50 cage in my 78 corolla that came out very very nice n in short notice.

Good luck with ur project, looks like u seriously done all ur homework n it's headed in the right direction.

Carlos

Jimefam

Thanks. Yeah Bob and Jay have both been proactive in presenting me ideas to do things better. I like that they aren't just doing what I asked but actively participating. As for their quality, from the builds I've seen both in the class I'm wanting to run as well as what they were working on when I dropped my car off it's clearly top notch and they move FAST.

Coolwhip
Vendor
Car: RB26 Raw Brokerage War Machine

loving every bit of this car

boostedrb
Car: 91 240sx fully buit rb25det

im def impressed for sure i have a fully built rb25det im breaking in as we speak but i wont b near that mark... i should be about the 650 range... anyways my question to you is, do you by chance have a hitachi CAS i need one asap... i bought cams few years back for my build and apparently hks had a mix up with neo cams and so forth... but please help if possible

Krazykouki

boostedrb wrote:im def impressed for sure i have a fully built rb25det im breaking in as we speak but i wont b near that mark... i should be about the 650 range... anyways my question to you is, do you by chance have a hitachi CAS i need one asap... i bought cams few years back for my build and apparently hks had a mix up with neo cams and so forth... but please help if possible
I might actually...pm me.

TPR3TC
Car: 1978 corolla turbo 3tc efi, g-force GF5R, chevy 8.5" 10 bolt.

Jimefam wrote:Thanks. Yeah Bob and Jay have both been proactive in presenting me ideas to do things better. I like that they aren't just doing what I asked but actively participating. As for their quality, from the builds I've seen both in the class I'm wanting to run as well as what they were working on when I dropped my car off it's clearly top notch and they move FAST.
My office is only 10 miles from their shop, I drop by about once a month. they are really good people.

Jimefam

Here are some pictures I got today showing my new carbon fiber hatch and some progress on the cage:

bmxarmy
Car: 1961 rambler

Ah man! so exciting to see progress! The car looks awesome and is gonna back it with performance. I love it.

I bet you are all giddy to see progress pics too hey? Also nice to see a shop get a car get it done and get it out, Way to many horror stories out there.

nolan

Jimefam

Lol thanks. Yeah everytime I get some update or picture that brings a huge smile. No kidding about the shops man alot of places take forever to do even the most minor things. That is one of the biggest things I looked for in everyone of the businesses I've had help me with my build, motivated and professional shops that get things done. Same with the machine shop, they have pretty much everything done and are just waiting on parts I changed up. Still nothing is as nice as having the skills you've got and being able to do it all yourself.

Krazykouki

all those sleepless nights working on that car and to see such amazing progress...man, that thing is going to be a beauty. I can't wait for it to be finished...lol...been a long road.

Jimefam

After dealing with a real unprofessional guy who was going to originally make my dry sump pan I decided to go with real professionals that I knew where gonna get the job done. Here's a few pictures of my custom Moroso dry sump pan:

I'm driving tomorrow to Charlotte for a few days and will take a slight detour to NRC for a quick peek at my car and to drop off a blown block that he will use to make my custom crossmember and trans tunnel. I'll post more pictures tomorrow if there's anything new.

bmxarmy

woooooooop woooooop! this thing is making the rbambler so jealous! She might be in need of a "jimefam" touch this winter! Keep up the awesome work!

nolan

Jimefam

Lol the difference is you can whip up one of these pans tomorrow! That's what makes your build SO badass. Nothing quite like doing it yourself, I wish I had your fab skills.

Coolwhip
Vendor
Car: RB26 Raw Brokerage War Machine

this car makes me happy :biggrin:

Jimefam

I went by NRC this morning and man am I giddy! I'm dying to see the car finished and painted already. Heres a few pictures I took:

They got some of my rear end parts in. Heres the Strange Engineering 40 spline axles and housing:

The axles are almost the thickness of like a coke can!

bmxarmy

Jesus! I thought my Strange, 31 spline race axles were beefie! haha Safe to say you wont have to worry about spitting a rear dif on the start line!

Keep up the updates....Oh and thanks for skills comment, Its mostly because I am too poor to pay someone to build it for me. My option is make it myself! haha

nolan

Jimefam

Yeah I shouldn't have any issue with the rear end and I've tried all build long to overbuild everything so I'm not constantly working on the car. Still after seeing your build I gotta by a Tig and take some classes.

bmxarmy

Yes the tig awesome! You likely wouldnt much for classes either. If you have your head around mig and the overall process of welding you can figure out tig with a little you tube help. It`s all about slow, steady and clean......Oh and lots and lots of practice!

nolan

Jimefam

Quicky update, I picked up my TH400 today from Neal Racing Transmissions in Snellville, GA. I mainly wanted to write this update to say if you need any work on a racing or regular automatic transmission and are remotely close to the Atlanta area you NEED to do yourself a favor and go see Sid Neal. I took my used Coan TH400 to him to get it checked out and freshened and install a few upgrades and am very happy with the work and price Neal provided me. I had Neal install a JW Ultrabell to meet NHRA rules and because I like my feet and also had him install an aluminum drum that will save me a substantial amount of rotating weight. He went above and beyond and replaced quite a few more internal things that will ensure the longevity and reliability of the trans. Here's the pictures:

300M Input shaft

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”