Rb25 Swap In 240sx/s-14 Silvia

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
Godzillarb26dett

Im looking to inplant a RB25 into a 240SX im looking for the best upgraded turbo to go for that...adn what every one thinks of the idea

K1LLA916K
Car: 2003 nissan sentra gxe

idea is good. the idea is always good. hell i wanted to drop a dodge viper v10 motor in my sentra. but then again beware of the time and money spent. do no rush into itif uhave 5000$ which u think is enough for the swap. remember the motor, the actual swappin, fixng anything wrong, shipping and handling, any mods which would be easier done before the swap such as clutch or flywheel. i say have 10K in assets before goin into it. o yea and the best upgraded turbo would be sumthing larger than a T28 and something smaller than a T88. so yea...

Godzillarb26dett

K1LLA916K im not sure what you are talking about with your viper motor in the sentra...what im am talkign about i am planing on doing it and i have priced it and i can get the swap for $5,000 insured.....any other problems after that i am able to deal with as i have 20k to spend in performance for my project......

Godzillarb26dett

For all that know about RB powerplants what is the best turbo set up that i should go with thats safe and not insane.....looking for 500 possibly more

SHIFT_Lock
Car: kouki s14

shouldn't this be in the rb section?

RefriedNismo240

roger that

K1LLA916K
Car: 2003 nissan sentra gxe

hmm aite. well i dont know much about turbos...never worked with them. newayz if night was here he would probably tell u but i say ask aries. the guy knows a lot about what hes talking. and thats even when hes sober.

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

well if u do have 2ok or so to play iwth, you have plenty enough for fixing small problems u WILL run into, it sounds like you're ready enough to do it, assuming you are aware of all the blood sweat, tears, and sexless nights of doing the swap, as far as turbos, it all depends on how much power and where u want it, if u want insane top end, go with a t88 or 66 or 78 or so, if u want mid-range speed, go with something smaller, simple as that

Godzillarb26dett

nlzmo400r im aware of the larger turbo's i was just looking for the best one for the RB25 engine....not all larger turbos are the best for every engine....as far as that the question continues....im looking for the best set up for 500 maybe more horsepower on stock block....if not possible what is the max that a RB25 motor can take stock

Godzillarb26dett

Oh yeah one more thing i want be sweating nor letting out tears and im sure as hell not having those what do you call them "sexless nights"....im having a my friend/mechanic perform the swap....he has a shop and has done countless SR swaps and a few very sucessful RB drops

Nurv
Car: performance engineering, rc cars, beer, tits

Godzillarb26dett, whats the name of the shop? I didnt know many people in the Dallas area were doing the RB setup just yet well except a few independents up towards Plano/Mcinney. you would have a few options for 500hp but with the rb2 i would consider management upgrades. fuel, turbo, internals. lots of work unless you want to half *** do it and just put a thick headf gasket and put stock internals. its up to you.

why in the past 6 months more and more people want the RB swap? sure you start out with more power and its 6 cylinders. woopidy doo. i already owned a 5 liter mustang coupe & 87 buick grand national. drag racing is run but road course and drifting is alot more competitive. just my opinion :\

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

the RB can hold an easy 6oohp or so on stock bottom end

voodoosx

im not sure of good upgrades for the rb. just want to praise people from dallas area who are into 240. there are WAY too many hondas around here.bruce

Godzillarb26dett

Nurv Im going with CARTUNE TEXAS...i have seen a few of the RB25 swaps that they have there and i was impressed with the work....as far as the swap i will be there the enitre time of the install.....and as for the comment about the quatermile....who ever said that i was building this car for runing quatermiles.....its more just to be original...have some power....highway race....and to scare a few supras, rx7's, SS's, and any one lese who wants some.....ive had the SR20 swap been there done that...this is my third 240 project

Godzillarb26dett

voodoosx there are plenty of 240's in the DFW area...before i move back fromt eh East Coast....we would have meets every week....and alsoevery other month sign up for the track and try and meet up there....i believe this same person is discussing havinga skyline meeting....he has two skyline R32's now.....any way if wanna know more about the 240's out there email me [email protected]

Nurv
Car: performance engineering, rc cars, beer, tits

Cartune, isnt bad. But all im saying is just be sure thats what you want. Highway battles are fun and I support scaring those BPU guys, they're not so hot in front of the girls when a car kicks its *** and total cost of a 240 is 1/4 of what they spent their cars. heh. thought i wouldnt mind owning a supra though. anyways..YOu know what happened to Boost Factor in Irving? They just disappeared all of a sudden. They did almost strictly nissan and had some bad looking cars besides the blue car they had up for Hot Import Nights last year.

Godzillarb26dett

Nurv I know exactly what happened to boostfactor i used to work there about a year ago they had always planned to move to a larger shop and change the name...the original spot where Boostfactor was located was very small and was a "starter shop"....they have moved on to bigger and better things they are now Cartune Texas.....I have know Boostfactor and the entire staff since the begging...all those who are liek they went under or out of busniesse thats not true at all i know them all personally and i know what happened and whats going on

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”