RB25 NEO STARTING ISSUES

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
ARBEES14
Car: 1995 RB25 NEO S14

:wtf2: So where do I start, I have a 95 S14 with a Rb25det neo swap. One day I was driving and I noticed it would cut out when I would get into boost, I would notice then let off and slowly speed up and it would be fine! Then I kept noticing it, so I thought, maybe my spark plugs fouled out so, I changed my spark plugs to oem recommended NGKs and I went to start it up and nothing. I would try to start it and it would just keep cranking, no combustion....sooo I checked my spark plugs for correct gap and they were spot on. Then I went to my coilpacks, I had my girlfriend turn over the car with a plug out and they all sparked 6/6....so I went to fuel, I took out all of my braided fuel lines and sprayed high pressure air through them....no clogs. I changed my fuel pump, not the issue....I’ve changed my CAS and my coolant temp sensor. I’ve tried a different ECU, it was a S1 ecu but I was told it wouldn’t make a difference. I’ve checked all my wires for any knicks or any grounded out wires. My MAF is getting power and isn’t dirty. I’ve cleaned out my injectors and made sure my fuel rail wasn’t clogged. I’m extremely lost. I’m out of ideas now and I need help to getting my baby back on the road!!!

mixeds14
Car: 240

If u have a neo, you need a neo ecu. They are wire a bit different from the s1. If I remember right, the plug is different aswell. Do u have the metal cas or the plastic one? That gives u an idea if it's a s1/s2 or the neo series

ARBEES14
Car: 1995 RB25 NEO S14

mixeds14 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:39 pm
If u have a neo, you need a neo ecu. They are wire a bit different from the s1. If I remember right, the plug is different aswell. Do u have the metal cas or the plastic one? That gives u an idea if it's a s1/s2 or the neo series
So I fixed that issue. Now the car runs and what not, but when it’s cold and I haven’t ran it for a few days, it’s a huge pain to get it started. My datascan pops a TPS 43 code. I got it to start one time after spinning the CAS. Injectors fired and it started right up next crank.

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”