RB25 losing fuel pressure

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
Joey J
Car: 1977 Datsun 280Z - RB25DET

Hey everyone,

I just got my RB swapped into my 280Z and I'm having issues with fuel pressure loss once the engine gets hot. I did notice that shortly after the fans for the radiator turn on, pressure slowly starts to drop and eventually hits 0 as the engine bogs out. If I try and start the car again it wont start. Like if no fuel is getting to the motor. Fuel pressure stays at 0. If I let it cool down I can start it back up but once it heats up pressure falls all over again.

After a few times of doing this the battery drains out. Could it be a power issue that's affecting the fuel pump? I have a Bosh 044.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

The shop that did my work is about 250 miles away so I am trying to see if I can figure the issue out before towing the car up there.

Any help is appreciated! :bigthumb:

USMCgetsome
Car: OWN S13.5 RB25DET/2003 G35

How are you verifying it's fuel pressure? Are you watching a gauge? You are displaying symptoms of a dying maf. If this is truly fuel related it will be the wiring to the pump assembly and or a dying pump.

Marahutay
Car: 1991 Nissan 240SX Fastback

How long has this been happening? Once you prime the pump before turning on the motor how long does pressure hold?

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”