rb25 into the hardbody, have have found a way???

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
jeremymr06

ok iv been searching but there isnt alot of info on how to put a rb25 into a hardbody. so after doing some research i think i have found an almost bolt in friendly way. what you you guys think??? possible: Is there engine bay room Do i need fire wall modification

the ka24e in the truck and the ka24e and ka24de use the same engine brackets. so by using a 240sx rb swap kit designed to mount to stock subframe the motor should bolt in... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...aed1aor are those mounts to bolt to the frame and u use the stock rb25 engine brackets???

also the hardbody came with the vg30e, which uses the same tranny(different bellhousing) as the rb25, so if i buy the vg tranny crossmember it would be close to being bolt in, or very little modifications. http://www.courtesyparts.com/h....html a diagram of the crossmember.

the tranny crossmember is part #11340m

the tranny mount is part number #11320same as the 300zx tranny mount part number http://www.courtesyparts.com/3....html

another question, is the rear of the 300zx tranny and the rb tranny have the same mounting points???and what is the distance between the mounting points between the engine brackets and tranny mount for the vg/tranny combo and the ka/tranny combo. ill go take measurements tomorrow and post them up.

let me know what you think

Coolwhip
Vendor
Car: RB26 Raw Brokerage War Machine

Might want to talk to Kevin (kevwa) on here as he's pretty in tune with the RB + truck swap. Don't know if he or anyone else off hand will know exactly what you are looking for but they might be able to chime in.

GL

s13_240_rb20
Car: 1990 240sx RB20DET

I can tell you firsthand that the rb20det is a very tight squeeze....as in, it doesn't fit without relocating the radiator to where the hood latch was, and then using hood pins. Check my pics in my thread in the truck forum.

Using that info, do some research and find out it the rb25 is any longer from the back of the valve cover to the front most pulleys, and then that is the minimum distance from the firewall that your radiator will be able to mount.

Some of the other major mods are listed on my personal rb20 swap if you think it will be similar?? I dunno cuz I never had a rb25.

--TJ

meet07
Car: 89 180sx rb25det

this thing is going to be a fast lil truck..

jeremymr06

thanks guys and yes i agree, very nice truck .im still deciding on whether to go rb25 or ka. there might be a size difference in the rb heads but not by much.

dame that is the sweetist truck iv ever seen

s13_240_rb20
Car: 1990 240sx RB20DET

Just remember, I only have about 5mm between the front pulley at the bottom and the radiator. I would have had to mount my grille forward with spacers and it would look funny if the RB20 was even the slightest bit longer. (I am gutting out my grille so that the FMIC is actually INSIDE the grille. And I had to use the 1990 240sx radiator (from my previous car) because it is shorter and lets the hood close after you knotch out the hood catch bracket.

You're going to have to modify the stock gauge cluster to accept the RB tach and electric speedometer. This is alot of tedious time with a dremel tool and some deep thinking about how to best mount the gauges into the housing after it is cut out to make room for them to fit. The wiring for the gauges is the easy part: each has 12v switched, GRD, and a signal wire (to the ecu tach wire and to the speed sensor on the tranny).

You'll have to see my build page to get the details with a pic of the motor mount fab.

For the driveshaft, you have to combine an auto and a 5sp driveshaft to get the 5sp yoke with the length of an auto driveshaft.

There was another guy that had started a RB20 swap, but the last I heard, he was trying to sell it on here a while back.....anyone know if he ever finished his.

Mine now runs and drives awesome. I'll have to get videos after I finish cleaning the tree sap off of it and finish the interior.

--TJ
Modified by s13_240_rb20 at 3:52 AM 11/20/2009

Godoy pathfinderwd21
Car: Nissan pathfinder wd21 87

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: I have a nissan pathfinder1987 4x4 vg30 and wan t swap to rb25 and solid axle swap to ..... locking this proyect i think that a can do too i ll be posting the progress [img]/storage/emulated/0/Pictures/SOLID_AXLE_SWAP/20170328_090705.jpg[/img]

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”