RB20DET Wont Start at all?

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
nurvcom

OK

Specs91 240sxRb20det (stock)

Picked car up already swapped and it start a few times now it wont

All the motor will do is Crank crank crank crank and not start not even a sputter or anything

What i checked and fixxed when this started happening

1.Wire harness was all Messed up so i had it sent out and fixed and it was check and it works on other motor...

2. CAS was bad so replaced New Used one Tested and works on other Motor

3. ECU was good but got Another unit just in case Both ECU was checked and work perfect

4. Check all relays and fuses all bad was replaced

5. Check all Grounds on Motor and ECU and i added some more grounds

6. Check Fuel pump (255 walbro) primes and works perfect fuel PSI is OK

7. Coils and Injectors are working

you think it mite the key switch on steering column?

I cant Figure this out and driving me crazy

ST240
Car: RB30DET s13
01' Pathy

Here's my experiences:

-Did you CHECK for spark? IE pull each coil pack out and make sure you're seeing a spark from the plug?

-Pull the plugs out, is there a gas smell coming outta there? If so you might have flooded it (happened to me somehow). Let it air out and try again.

-Don't f*** around. Replace the plugs with BCPR6ES 11 gapped to 0.8 mm. My plugs looked fine but almost all of them were shot.

-Check the fuel lines and make sure they aren't reversed. Common error although i had mine correct.

And no it should start without that wire, although it will be very rough when the engine is cold (you'll have to give it some throttle). I still don't have mine hooked up .

nurvcom

Here's my experiences:

-Did you CHECK for spark? IE pull each coil pack out and make sure you're seeing a spark from the plug?

yes and i going to do it agine since wire harness has just been redone

-Pull the plugs out, is there a gas smell coming outta there? If so you might have flooded it (happened to me somehow). Let it air out and try again.

well i smell fuel now after trying to turn it over 6 time

-Don't f*** around. Replace the plugs with BCPR6ES 11 gapped to 0.8 mm. My plugs looked fine but almost all of them were shot.

just install same one new all like few days ago

-Check the fuel lines and make sure they aren't reversed. Common error although i had mine correct.

ok Top line on stock intake go's to fuelfilter and bottem line go to return line correct?

And no it should start without that wire, although it will be very rough when the engine is cold (you'll have to give it some throttle). I still don't have mine hooked up .

I got all the wire hooked my dad said my ignition switch could be bad and not letting it turn on all the way this car would start every 1 in a wile and idle fine

Modified by nurvcom at 6:49 AM 8/25/2009

placham
Car: 1992 Geo Prizm (4AFE)---Gone
1990 Nissan 240sx Coupe (RB20DET powered),
1994 Toyota Celica GT (3SGTE swapped), 1995 Nissan 240sx KA24DE,
2011 Nissan Sentra SER Spec-V

Check to see if the ignition wire is wired to ecm, think there was only like 6 wires I wired inside the cab when I did my swap. IIRC there was a wire for IGN signal to ecm. You cant trust on what someone else did, so just double check all your connections. Check if all your sensors are plugged in, all that stupid $h!t.

See if you have any codes in the ecu after you crank the motor over several times, and just go from there.

Also this might aid you in diagnosing it, if you haven't see this yet http://nico.zeroforum.com/zerothread/92829

nurvcom

Check to see if the ignition wire is wired to ecm, think there was only like 6 wires I wired inside the cab when I did my swap. IIRC there was a wire for IGN signal to ecm. You cant trust on what someone else did, so just double check all your connections. Check if all your sensors are plugged in, all that stupid $h!t.

IGN signal wire that go's to the key part (i know it doesnt hook up there it got to hook into the brown plug by ECU)

ST240
Car: RB30DET s13
01' Pathy

I wired zero wires up in the cab to get my swap to run. I just get a very rough start when the engine is cold.

nurvcom

ST240 wrote:I wired zero wires up in the cab to get my swap to run. I just get a very rough start when the engine is cold.
ok soo it should start

Man this swap is pissing me off

Harness is all check over and i got new ECu and ign chip still crank crank crank

and i did more Ground wires

Man i dont know what to do....

nurvcom

ok check fuel line It hook up right still not starting

Took A compression test

Front 6 130psiFront 5 130psiMid 4 130psiMid 3 130psiRear 2 140psiRear 1 140psi

ok

Pulled coils and checked them agine each coil fires fineandinjectors working fine cuss it floods after 5 or 6 time trying to start it

Half Mood (F#$King) Key Broke off cam so now it kinda hard to reinstall cas

and it still not starting

well I think i going to fuxking give up it not whatting to work and i put so much into now i am pissed

dtowngoalie

If your CAS is missaligned it most likely wont start

nurvcom

even befor key broke it still didnt start...

nurvcom

hopefully if i can get my camera working i take a video

Any new ideas on what Should i check ???my motor is somewhat apart

Coil and plug pulled

I checked all vac

Does Fuel rail have 2 FPRs? one on each end ?

Everyone when i Got this car it ran and started only 5 time i got it with rb20det already swapped into car...

What I have Done in parts harness repaired new used cas other one was badnew plugsnew used ECU

how many sensors are on the rb20det?

Would any sensor make the car not start???

all it does it crank over but no sputter or coughing at all!!!

nekoabandoned
Car: s13 silvia

well kinda to the fpr question , the one in the front is the one you need to worry about .silly question but you do have the white/purple wire connected to a switch 12v source correct?

nurvcom

nekoabandoned wrote:well kinda to the fpr question , the one in the front is the one you need to worry about .silly question but you do have the white/purple wire connected to a switch 12v source correct?
Doesn't That Wire go to BIG white wire coming off the engine bay fuse box?

manlove891

im having similar issue, have spark have fuel, both have been verified visually. put timing back to tdc, installed cas and i get nothing whatso ever.no cough nothing. did you ever find solution or anyone for that matter?

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”