RB20DET strangest Issue iv ever came across!!! Help!

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
sneak
Car: 89 Supra with RB20det. Z31 with vg30det

Hello everyone! Im happy to be part of this helpful forum!
Now, I need help figuring out the strangest issue iv ever came a cross on the car. And iv been working on cars most of my ongoing life, and Wiring is my specialty!!
I got RB20DET sitting in MK3 supra. I love Nissan, thats why i didnt do jz swap...
My issue is tricky to explain, but il try...
So, I finished doing the swap and now trying to get the engine running.. Better!!
Ok, so when everything is hooked up, the engine cranks but wont start. I GET FUEL, I GET AIR, MY TIMING IS GOOD, CAS WORKS GOOD....... BUT I DONT GET SPARK!!!!
Of course its not as easy as low voltage battery, or entirely fried ignitor... Remember my wiring done perfectly! I very strongly believe... All grounds are good.
Here is the strange part. IF i unplug one of 6 coil plugs, doesn't matter which one. Take the volt miter, put it on Amp read setting, take one of the leads and plug in to the signal pin of the coil plug( the one that goes all the way from ecu) and the other lead grounded THE ENGINE WILL START WITH HALF A CRANK BUT WILL RUN ON ALL CYLINDERS EXCEPT THE ONE I HAVE UNPLUGGED :wtf2: !!!!!! Strange I find this Issue!!! Now im out of Ideas\, as to why this happens. By looking back to schematic of the ecu wiring, the signal wire goes from ecu to ignitor then to the coil. and no other stops on the way.... DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS AS TO WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??????????? I would really appreciate deep Thinkers advice!!!
Thank you guys!

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”