Rb20det low surging idle and dies out. Please help

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
Aburdwell
Car: 1990 Nissan 240sx RB20Det

:gotme :facepalm: :ohno: Hello everyone. Let me start at saying im new with nissan and my engine but really hope to learn a lot with everything please bare with me and i seriously need some help from all of you. I've been trying to research all forums, digging up stuff from like 7 years ago. Cant figure out my problem. I have a rb20det in a 1990 240sx s13. Its been running strong and sitting at 650 rpm for about a week .. until about 2 days ago.. it has a low surging idle, also starts sputtering instantly when given gas and just dies after a few seconds to couple mins. the aac has always been disconnected can this effect the idle when it never had before? What if the screw on the aac has been messed with? Or the tps messed with? Pulled the ecu out and the screw on that kinda looks busted? I would like to make sure the timing is adjusted, but from what i read the engine has to at least be running. Im not going to be able to adjust it with the way its acting now. How do i properly go about fixing this? Please help, and please information with the rb20det because from what i read it can be different from some people who have the better engine rb25... please people help me out, sorry!

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”