RB...DET vs VG30DETT........

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
GTR-33

There are two VG swaps that I know of, one was done by some guy on Freshalloy... He had alot of fitment problems... The other was done at UH, last I heard they never finished it, since Joel left though... I personally would do an RB in any Nissan swap, the 240Z, 240SX, or the Z32. I wouldn't put it in a 510 though.:)

I seen in some aus. sites for hybrid swaps, that they used a Z32 Turbo tranny, instead of the RB box. Would there be any benefits to doing this in a 240SX? How strong are the RB trannies compared to the Z32 TT one?

Peace

S14Zilvia
Car: '90 300ZXTT, '92 S13 coupe, '06 Ram 3500 Mega, '93 del Sol Si

StephNic wrote:your unintelligent and stupid k-car. If you go look back at any posts I've made (And id like you to quote any one that involves me starting something) youll see that ive never started something, someone has always flung **** first. Hell, you did the same, so I'd rather not sit while you fling **** at me when you've already got some on your shirt. You'r a loser, get a life. I could care less if you'r a moderator either, you'r a waste of my time with you'r pathetic remarks. You don't know what I think, so you can't call me a troll because I purposely start crap, because you don't know that for a fact. I want you to go find where I started ****, don't reply to this with a pathetic comment about me being immature, you go find all the times ive started ****, and make sure, before quoting me, that someone didnt fling **** at me first. If you can't produce this, then maybe you should shut your stupid trap. Thanks loser, have fun playing detective and pulling it together.

StephNic, do me a favor and read my sig. You're a dumb idiotface and a stupid dork too, so what do you have to say to that? Oh, I know, "I know you are but what am I?"

Actually, it's probably something along the lines of ***** * ****** ****** ******. Am I right?

S14Zilvia

By the way, I own a 92 TTZ, and I'm not experienced at working on cars. But I love the Z, and if I were going to build a car the z would be it. A 240sx is just that, a 240sx. Even a fast 240sx is still a 240sx. The Z is a legend, much like the skyline.

Z's are ****ing sweet, yeah they're heavy, yeah they're hard to work on, so deal with it. More displacement makes up for the weight, and get a freaking fsm and start wrenching.

FuriKura

im pretty sure silvias are more known to be the best in some useful category than a Z. (drifting). a fast 240sx, is one Z killer.

(not that i dont like Zs, they look nice, except for the headlights, but i hate all headlights anyways) i think it would be sweet to have a car without headlights, those at least you cant see but light comes out of nowhere [yea so sue me]

gtr33: mmm initial D, yea it is too heavy, but i personally would have the losing GTR over a 86, cuz most americans are too lame to understand how much the 86 will kick ***.

and btw why do US cellphones suck so much?

S14Zilvia

FuriKura wrote:im pretty sure silvias are more known to be the best in some useful category than a Z. (drifting).
Is that why you see formula-1 cars hanging the tail out around turns with as much oversteer as possible? Is that why you see grand prix cars sliding like sprint cars around the turns? How exactly is drifting that useful in racing? Oversteer, to a point, but you don't see andretti sideways coming out of a turn.

I think a "useful category" would be the ability to take a turn fast while keeping the rear planted to the ground in order to be able to power out without losing and power to burning rubber.

Correct me if I'm way off here.

GTR-33

Not to hate on the Z, but its only a 'legend' here in the US, with it's small cult following... In Japan the 'legend' of the great Z car ended when the first GTR came out. The 2000GTR... The legend of the 350Z will be crushed when the next GTR is released. The Z32 car is exactly what it is, an overly heavy, PITA car to work on, with an oil problem and a flow problem too. The Z32 Fairlady as it is know in Japan. The US S series cars are slow, but handle very well, all the need is the original SR heart back, and it's twice the car the Z32 is... If Z car was such a legend then why is the Silvia and the GTR chosen over it for competitive racing? The only place where the Z is considered a heavy hitter is here, where the GTR isn't, where the Silvia isn't. Nissan will never design a car that is better than it's flagship, the GTR.

S14Zilvia

GTR-33 wrote:Not to hate on the Z, but its only a 'legend' here in the US, with it's small cult following... In Japan the 'legend' of the great Z car ended when the first GTR came out. The 2000GTR... The legend of the 350Z will be crushed when the next GTR is released. The Z32 car is exactly what it is, an overly heavy, PITA car to work on, with an oil problem and a flow problem too. The Z32 Fairlady as it is know in Japan. The US S series cars are slow, but handle very well, all the need is the original SR heart back, and it's twice the car the Z32 is... If Z car was such a legend then why is the Silvia and the GTR chosen over it for competitive racing? The only place where the Z is considered a heavy hitter is here, where the GTR isn't, where the Silvia isn't. Nissan will never design a car that is better than it's flagship, the GTR.

The GTR is also AWD, and doesn't look as good as the z.

Sorry, I'll take my rwd z any day. Sure, if I could have a skyline I would, but if I had to drive one car for the rest of my life the z32 would be it.

Every car has it's problems. So does the skyline. If there was a perfect car no one would ever have different preferences. I'll never have the fastest or best-handling car in the world, but I'd be content with and all-around car like the Z.

And all of you who whine about working on the z need to grow up. Half of you are just repeating what everyone else has said.

GTR-33

The GTR is AWD but it is also RWD, thanks to the Attessa system, it is AWD only when it needs to be. GTR is 10X the car the Z32 is.. IMHO the GTR also is ALOT better looking than the Z32, but that is opinion, and neither here nor there.

The Skyline doesn't have nearly as many problems as the Z32, and if you in fact do have a TT, pop the hood, see if there is ANY possibilty of wroking on the turbos, without removing the entire motor, just to get at them. I have worked on Z32s , and they are a PITA, just to get anything done. Look at the spaghetti under the hood they call IC piping, that is an utter mess. You grow up and realize that the thing is hard to work on, ever wonder why you get charged up the *** for simple repairs?

S14Zilvia

Hmm...

that's all well and good, but I still like the Z better. I'm not contesting anything you said, but the mclaren f1 is faster than the skyline, so you like that better? you see my point?

I'm a Z fan, always will be.

You can work on the turbos without pulling the motor. It's possible. But I wouldn't advise it.

I don't mind working on it.

S14Zilvia

GTR-33 wrote:You grow up and realize that the thing is hard to work on, ever wonder why you get charged up the *** for simple repairs?

Um... no. Simple repairs are performed by me. I don't charge very much.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Just when you thought it was safe to return to the RB forum, it's back! Ahhhh it knew no mercy, it took no prisoners, it rambled on like route 66 and yet went nowhere, lock your doors, store your food find a safe place to hide because it just won't stop, it's the THREAD THAT WOULDN'T DIE!

S14Zilvia

I have nothing more to say ;)

Let's let it die.

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”