Razi has got boost!

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Chris28
Car: 92 s13 KA-T

Razi wrote:Use the wind!

On a serious note, I hope your KA-T goes good.IIRC, your rebuilt engine had something go wrong right?Must feel cruddy .

I hate the feeling when something doesn't go right with the car.Worst feeling ever!
LOL

Yeah I didn't put the rods back in right or something. Oh well, I'm picking up another ka soon so I'll just put all my stuff on that one and call it a day. One day I'll tear apart the engine that I messed up and rebuild it the right way.

Razi
Car: Moo

Ah that sucks.I never want to touch the motor ever again, at least for a very long time.Going KA-T pooped me out.

Suspension and body stuff, I don't mind yet.

krimsonviper
Car: 2010 MS3 -PAID
2010 Mazda 3i Touring -Totaled
2006 Mazda 3i Sport -Totaled
1989 S13 -Sold
1990 S13 -Sold

Razi wrote:LOL.At least I'm boosted.
... Well I'm speechless at that.

Fck you.

Razi

spooled240
Car: kouki s14

well fck, my turbo is hitting the BMC with the new manifold I can't drive it until I get it fixed

I'm thinking of stacking washers on my driver's side motor mount just for a temporary fix until i make my own flexane mounts to clock the engine over a little bit.

Razi

Damn that sucks, I hate it when things don't fit right.Good thinking with the washers though.

My manifold was touching the brake lines when I put it in. -_-My dad muscled the brake lines around until they were further away, then we wrapped it in thermal reflective tape.

I probably would've gone emo if it touched the BMC.

spooled240

I just ordered some flexane 94 to make my own motor mounts :D Hopefully those washers will work for the time being.

Your brake lines are kinda close but that's nothing compared to my setup lol

White Comet
Car: fc, s13 and mazda6, Sierra

Razi wrote:I hate it when things don't fit right.

Razi

spooled240 wrote:I just ordered some flexane 94 to make my own motor mounts :D Hopefully those washers will work for the time being.lol
:D Hope everything works out for you.
White Comet wrote:
LOL

spooled240

thanks man, I hope I can make it out to the meet on wed..I'm tired of driving my mom's suburban...even tho it's only been 3 days lol

PS I think i'm gonna run an open wastegate

Razi

Running open wastegate! In SoCal no less!You are crazy.

Yeah I bet it sucks driving your mom's car.I had to drive my mom's Q45 while I was finishing my 240sx, cars that comfy should be illegal. I feel sleepy in it.

My 240sx keeps me away :D

I think my check valve for the brake booster has finally died, hopefully the dealership has it. I also need a new O2 sensor.

I'll cruise down to the dealership tomorrow and see if they have it.

spooled240

soooo i'm guessing you did a little switcho chango with her q45 brakes? haha

but with the open wastegate, it's only loud when it opens at full boost and even then it only makes a hissing sound not like the open exhaust raspiness.

the dealer should have the check valve, why are your brakes hard?

Razi

They are slightly hard, but my idle drops low when I'm on the brakes, I've heard people saying that a screwy check valve could do that. Might also be a vacuum leak around there, I gotta check.

Her Q kept it's brakes , I got a pair at the junkyard and put in new o-rings.

spooled240

hm give it a shot, it shouldn't be expensive at all to replace.

have you ever brake-boosted before? it's pretty fun but your brakes will get stiff after it loses it's vacuum. I do 1st gear brake boost runs at my work and i'll do a mad burnout at like a few mph lolz

Razi

No I haven't tried it.Maybe when the time comes to replace my tires I will. LOL

White Comet

yo razi, do you want my koyo rad cap. i pulled the radiator yesterday and if you don't want it its just gonna sit in my toolbox forever

Razi

:D That'd be awesome.

How much is it gonna cost me?

White Comet

basically just shipping, i don't really have any need for it. email me your address and i'll get a shipping quote

Razi

Yay.E-mail sent.

Anyone here ever take off the whole EGR tube?I need to take it off cause it's getting in the way of the O2 sensor and I can't take out the O2 sensor.

The part that went to the OEM exhaust manifold is out, obviously.But the part that's on the EGR valve is in such a weird spot (thanks Nissan ) I can't get to it. I can touch it with my hands, but I can't get a tool to grab a hold of it. I wish I had the gripping strength of the Hulk right now.

I tried to see if I could remove the whole EGR valve from the intake manifold, but the bolt that is closest to the head is in between the EGR tube and a weird metal plate so my socket wrench can't grab a hold of the bolt.

I can reach the other bolt just fine.

Curse the EGR tube!

AHHHHHHHHHHH

Here is a picture I found on NICO.The rusty bolt on the left is the one I can't get to.You can see how it's in between the tube and the metal plate.

spooled240

that looks hard, why don't you take the whole egr valve out and put a block-off plate in there?

Razi

Tried that, didn't work out.My dad pushed the tube up, now it isn't squishing the O2 sensor. :D

My dad also found a leak in front of the oil pan, and on the oil feed line.

White Comet

email sent

sucks about teh leaks but you always have little bugs to work out when doing something like this

Razi

Yeah, always going to have little bugs here and there.

At least it's running. The little problems will get fixed.

spooled240

hey, look on the bright side..this was a homemade turbo project that could of ended up with some nasty results...a little leak here and there is just a bug that needs to be worked out.

Did you recirc your pcv hose to your turbo intake? Having negative(vacuum) pressure inside your engine will prevent any gaskets wanting to blow out. Boost on an engine with over 100,000 miles will have some blow by.

Dude there's no way i'm gonna get my car done by wed, i think i'll try and take our 91 corolla with a boosted b16 swap and NOS

DriftX
Car: '89 240sx

i'm telling you man, boost is fun, but you need to get a much better tune.

FMU is a crude way to tune..

Running stock timing under boost is suicide.

You need wideband to watch afrand a rom tune at the very minimum to remap your ignition tables.

spooled240

retarding the timing under boost is a lot safer but, at 7 psi and with the right afr's timing retard is unecessary IMO

Razi

spooled240 wrote:i think i'll try and take our 91 corolla with a boosted b16 swap and NOS

DriftX wrote:i'm telling you man, boost is fun, but you need to get a much better tune.

FMU is a crude way to tune..

Running stock timing under boost is suicide.

You need wideband to watch afrand a rom tune at the very minimum to remap your ignition tables.
Thanks for the concern.

Razi

Oh yeah, I know I haven't updated anything in a while.So....UPDATE!My mom and dad (:D) layed down some RAAM Audio mat down in my trunk.It is very effective.

My ears don't feel like they are under pressure as I cruise, and I can hear my music better.Don't worry though I can still hear my turbo spooling.

Reno
Car: 89 S13, boosted.. RAWR..

+ equals

=

K im done yay for Razi

Razi

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!Awesome!

Thanks LOL.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”