Raybrig H1

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Nismo Sr22GT
Car: College, taking care of my GF and Son, street racing, tuning cars, anything car related.

i have a 98 le 5 spd and i want a new bulb for my ride, ive seen other mcs14s with raybrig bulbs and they look damn good, does anyone know which bulb would be best to swap out in the raybrig category? i want a bulb that gives off a blueish hue but is brighter than stock too, i dont want a cheapbulb from autozone that looks blue and makes visibility worse, any suggestions?

Import Fanatix
Car: Cars

Get The Real Deal HID. Its the only way to go!!

But it you looking for just bulbs, why not the PIAA Plasmas

Daunttless

There are no real HID conversions for the 240SX. : (

Nismo Sr22GT
Car: College, taking care of my GF and Son, street racing, tuning cars, anything car related.

and i dont get piaa bcs they dont even know what the hell kind of bulb i got, i told them i needed the brightest in a blue hue and they sent me an H4 bulb, i have a H1 bulb, they got the year right, just not their info, "according to our books, it does say you do have a H4 bulb, but we found out that you dont, so we can refund your money back" took them months too, but at least i got it, so no more dealing with piaa, thankz tho.

MikeS14240sx

Ok this is straight from the Nissan 98 240sx owners manual

high beam: wattage 65, bulb no. 9005(HB3)high beam/low beam: wattage 60/55, bulb no. HB2

So tell piaa that you need a HB2(I believe its also a 9006) for the low beam and a HB3(9005) for the high beam.

I'm looking for the same thing but haven't really gotten around to doing it and I don't trust those cheap bulbs they sell on ebay. They claim that they but out like 110W high and 80W low beam but wouldn't that fry the stock wiring harness? It says in the owners manual to use the same number and wattage bulb as originally installed.

has anyone bought one of those HID conversion kits off ebay. it looks like it comes with new wires and stuff but is it a quality item?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...81415

MikeS14240sx

My mistake the HB2 is also the same as an H4 or a 9003 not a 9006. If you have an H4 bulb form piaa it should fit the outside low beam projector style fitting.

Nismo Sr22GT

ok, if the manual says i have bulbs then its wrong too, its for sure a H1 bulb, ive checked it, you might want to check yours out too and compare it to the ones they sell in magazines, it is a H1 bulb.

MikeS14240sx

hmm.... Its a lot of work to get those bulbs out(well more work than there should be anyways), but when i get my intake this week i'll check it out.

FDAPolice
Car: cars

Whats the deal with the manual stating that the stock light is a HB2 for low beam? I have a 98 S14 and I have been buying H1 bulbs but they suck so I want to know if I am buying the right bulbs.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”