NFL: Superbowl Picks... mine is Green Bay...

NICOclubs sports and p0ker related discussion forum
a.blanco0905
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

...And tomorrow Jets over Patriots and obviously Bear over Seahawks as their cinderella story ends... next weekend the Jets beat the Ravens and Green Bay beats Chicago to go to the Super Bowl!!! :dblthumb:
Last edited by a.blanco0905 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.

a.blanco0905
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

I'm 0 for 1... damn squeelers, I wanted them to lose because I didnt want the jets playing them in the conf round. I'm a firm believer that you usually cant beat the same team 2 straight times, but if they did it once they can beat them again... right??? :ohno:

1 for 2... the packers are dangerous right now.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

a.blanco0905 wrote:I'm 0 for 1... damn squeelers, I wanted them to lose because I didnt want the jets playing them in the conf round. I'm a firm believer that you usually cant beat the same team 2 straight times, but if they did it once they can beat them again... right??? :ohno:

1 for 2... the packers are dangerous right now.
yeah, Brett who? Rogers played a good game.

You should check out the front page of today's NY Post. It has a picture of pedicured bare feet, an insert pic of Rex with the caption, "Lick 'em". Gotta love the NY media. :chuckle:

a.blanco0905
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

Bubba1 wrote:yeah, Brett who? Rogers played a good game.

You should check out the front page of today's NY Post. It has a picture of pedicured bare feet, an insert pic of Rex with the caption, "Lick 'em". Gotta love the NY media. :chuckle:
Lmmfao... that's pretty good... Did you see this one though?

...and the Boston Metro's cover has a picture of Ryan surrounded by dozens of barefeet with the caption "why the Pats will de-feet the jets" lol... NYC-BOS sports' beefs are great...

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

a.blanco0905 wrote:

Lmmfao... that's pretty good... Did you see this one though?

...and the Boston Metro's cover has a picture of Ryan surrounded by dozens of barefeet with the caption "why the Pats will de-feet the jets" lol... NYC-BOS sports' beefs are great...
LOL, I like the Boston cover too. :chuckle:

a.blanco0905
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

2 for 3... Chicago crumbled at the end of this game though, giving a heads up of what will happen to them next week against the packers!!!

3 for 4... Squeelers better be ready for the smackdown next week!!!!!!
Last edited by a.blanco0905 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

orangeNblue
Car: 2008 Nissan 350z

Jets didn't deserve the win

a.blanco0905
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

orangeNblue wrote:Jets didn't deserve the win
Whaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttt???????????? Sacked Brady 5 times but didnt deserve the win?????? 3 air TD's but they didnt deserve the win???? If anything this was their most deserving win all season long... pretty convincing win to me... Jets all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a.blanco0905
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

Hey Bubba, the NY post's cover story headline should read "Jets accomplished their greatest "feet"!!! Lol...

orangeNblue

You root for a team with a coach who is rude, selfish, and talks trash to other teams. A team full of thugs who bad mouth other players. Wow way to root for a team who is the prime example of sportsmanship. The jets deserve nothing.They represent everything that is wrong with professional sports! Plus I watched the game and the second touchdown was bs!! The play clock ran out and it wasn't called as delay of game, right after a catch where the receiver fumbled the ball and it was ruled incomplete. I quit watching the game right there because that was the 4th bad call and I new the Jets were going to keep getting the upper hand. Wouldn't be surprised at all if your moral-less coach paid the refs to call bs all night. Sanchez is way too overrated, Revis is a joke, and your defense will be exposed next game you play. Good luck trying to beat a team with a good defense. I really don't like the steelers but I will be wearing black and yellow next sunday for sure.

a.blanco0905
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

orangeNblue wrote:You root for a team with a coach who is rude, selfish, and talks trash to other teams. A team full of thugs who bad mouth other players. Wow way to root for a team who is the prime example of sportsmanship. The jets deserve nothing.They represent everything that is wrong with professional sports! Plus I watched the game and the second touchdown was bs!! The play clock ran out and it wasn't called as delay of game, right after a catch where the receiver fumbled the ball and it was ruled incomplete. I quit watching the game right there because that was the 4th bad call and I new the Jets were going to keep getting the upper hand. Wouldn't be surprised at all if your moral-less coach paid the refs to call bs all night. Sanchez is way too overrated, Revis is a joke, and your defense will be exposed next game you play. Good luck trying to beat a team with a good defense. I really don't like the steelers but I will be wearing black and yellow next sunday for sure.

OnB, I’m from NYC and I hate the Knicks, Giants and the Yankees, I don’t care for hockey much but if I did I’d root for the Devils and maybe the Islanders. I love me some Jets, Mets and Nets tho, I’m just telling you this so you see I’m not just rooting for the Jets because they’re my home team but because I truly am a fan. You call Rex Ryan selfish, rude and a trash talker but in all reality he’s neither, rude or selfish but definitely a trash talker but I don’t see nothing bad about it. Even the greatest basketball player of all time was a trash talker, so was Reggie Miller and Isaiah Thomas and most of the greatest sportsmen in any sport. Why do you call Rex Ryan rude?? Because he flipped his middle finger at a MMA event!? Shoot, nobody’s perfect, especially when you get taken out of your professional realm. The fact is that he’s a very polite person. Look at how the media has taken ahold of his alleged foot fetish and spun it out of control and constantly bugging not only him but also his wife about it… and all he tells reporters about it is “That’s a personal matter”. How would you feel if it was you??? He’s a very funny and a very transparent guy and lays all the cards on the table. Big mouth? Yes. Rude? No. You say he’s selfish but just last week when he didn’t have to put the game in the hands of Mark Sanchez and Braylon Edwards and he did, only because the receiver asked him to do it so Nick Folk could have a closer FG to make. But he’s selfish though right? Every member of that football team proclaims how that is “our team”. Not selfish at all.

Thugs? Why? Sideline incident? That was one person in a key position acting on his own and as far as I know that person has since, been fired from the team and had Rex Ryan any knowledge of that, the media would’ve known by now, trust me.

On the other hand your boy Belichick, keeps to himself as if he’s hiding something, which he is, and since he’s not that extroverted he can very easily try to hide it and keep it out of the media’s lime light. Look it up Orangenblue… Bill Belichick is having extramarital affair with a married woman. Plus he was fined $500,000 for videotaping team’s hand signals and practices, to which he never appealed and the tapes were destroyed implying he was indeed guilty of wrongdoing… but that’s your boy right, the deserving team.

Do you know who represents the embodiment of what’s wrong with professional sports??? Your boy at the helm of the Black and Gold… Ben Rothlisberger. He started the season suspended for 4 games… I wonder why… look it up OnB.

You talk about unsportsmanship but you are going to root for the Steelers? Yeah you are right, the cleanest player ever is James Harrison and along with Hines Ward and their QB they make the trifecta of sportsmanship.

I agree Mark Sanchez is overrated but Revis’ island is a real lonely place and there are stats to prove it. The whole Jets defensive unit is stout man, whether you like it or not.

As for the calls that supposedly went the Jets way… are you effing kidding me??

Get on your P's and Q's man.

orangeNblue

All of professional football is a joke. It's entertaining to watch, but everyone is a thug or pre-madonna at some point. To be honest I really don't like any team all that much. Just always been a Pats fan, and I like the fact that he doesn't let his players run their mouths. I do like to watch certain players and have respect for those who are professionals at the game they play. I enjoy watching every team, I just hate it when a team and it's coach talks a bunch of crap before a game, kinda like children, and then come out victorious. It'd be kinda like watching a movie and jerk ends up getting the girl in the end. It makes for a crappy ending. Plus they ruined my bracket...lol

No disrespect to you though. It's good to be a fan through the thick and thin. Hell I've been an Auburn fan since I was a kid, the rest of my friends and family Alabama fans, and no matter what I've never turned my back on them. I just have never liked the Jets, especially not with Rex Ryan running things. I don't think he's funny and I don't think that they deserved the win. But that's just my opinion man...doesn't mean it's the law of the land.

And as for the whole taping/filming incident, hasn't it been proven that every team does this and is still doing it? Its a chance to get the upper hand by learning the play calls and signals. Patriots just got caught.

BTW your coach purposely tripped a dolphins player and he didn't get fired, just suspended. I don't think the punishment was severe enough but whatever. And I do know the facts behind all the steelers and such. I don't approve of Big Ben or his actions and all of the James Harrison "dirty" hits is kinda questionable. You can't get a defensive player in trouble because he tackles too hard or it just so happens to make a head to head contact. I mean their interactions happen in less than 3 seconds, meaning from the time he's going to make a tackle he really don't have time to aim, just hit.

Jets D is alright at most. Revis island, I don't get why people say that? Yeah he has good stats but he is no Charles Woodson. I mean I guess no one wants throw in his direction, but at the same time, there are multiple receivers a quarterback can throw to. Taylor is old and this is his last year before the retirement home. Troy Palamalu, now there is a defensive player who changes the whole dynamic of the game...just wish he played somewhere else.

a.blanco0905
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

Lots of contradictions on your part man but the air is cleared... I'm not gonna get started on Cam Newton... lol j/k man. :dblthumb:

P.S. Those high maintenance athletes are "Prima Donnas".

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

a.blanco0905 wrote:Lots of contradictions on your part man but the air is cleared... I'm not gonna get started on Cam Newton... lol j/k man. :dblthumb:

P.S. Those high maintenance athletes are "Prima Donnas".
I'm actually a Giants fan, not a Jets fan. But I have no issue with Rex and his trash talking. IF you listen to more than just his 10 second sound bytes on ESPN or Fox which get taken out of context, Rex actually complimented Belichick by calling him "probably the greatest coach in NFL history". Fun trash talking has always been a part of professional sports. It's only recently, in the age of political correctness, that the NFL has been clamping down on it, as well as end zone celebrations, which, while silly, can be entertaining. Geez, an "Icky shuffle" today draws a 15 yard penalty. Dumb.

And for those that claim the Jets are not good, think about who they've beaten in the last two weeks to get to where they are?? :slap:

a.blanco0905
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

Here we go, told u about the bears folding against a real thorough team... and on the Packer's arguably worst offensive game ever with Rodgers at quaterback, lol. Well Mr. Rodgers here I stop rooting for you unless my Jets lose, in that given case I need u to avenge them by beating the punks asses, low life, dirty playing squeelers... J-E-T-S.

a.blanco0905
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

Wow cant believe this is happening... 23-zip even before the half, I just stopped watching, hopefully there's a miracle in the making and my Jets come back. This is the reason I wanted to play the Ravens on the championship, we've already beaten the squeelers and it's always hard beating a good team back to back. Let's play down the Jets and blow Jay Cutler up... dude was on the sideline not even talking to Todd Collins or Hanie whatever his name is. To him the game was like whatever, they're saying his knee is hurt but he's not limping anywhere, he's walking back and forth like he's the 7th string place kicker, aint that some sh*t??? And I like the guy and I was even going to discuss him on here and my FB about how I think that Mike Shanahan was holding him back, which I still think is a true statement but given the circumstances surronding Jay Butter I cant even bring myself up to make a case for him.

a.blanco0905
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

Wells it's over but I like what the yahoo NFL page headline read... "The Steelers survived a furious Jets comeback" meaning them boys gave them a fun for their money on that 2nd half.

orangeNblue

Man I hope the Packers can take it home now. There's absolutely no way I wanna see a rapist hold of the Superbowl Trophy!!

a.blanco0905
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

orangeNblue wrote:Man I hope the Packers can take it home now. There's absolutely no way I wanna see a rapist hold of the Superbowl Trophy!!
Lol, I hope the Packers win it too man. Damn, I hate the squeelers more and more every year.

a.blanco0905
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

You know what? Mark my words, I think Lovie Smith benched Jay Cutler secretly because he was so awful on that first quarter, that's what happened.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

a.blanco0905 wrote:You know what? Mark my words, I think Lovie Smith benched Jay Cutler secretly because he was so awful on that first quarter, that's what happened.
I think its hard to convict Lovie Smith without hearing his explanation.It's possible Lovie recognized Cutler's knee injury as he seemed to be throwing off his back foot, which contributed to his poor play.

I think I'm going to root for Green Bay, but I have a feeling the Steelers are gonna win.

a.blanco0905
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

Bubba1 wrote:
a.blanco0905 wrote:You know what? Mark my words, I think Lovie Smith benched Jay Cutler secretly because he was so awful on that first quarter, that's what happened.
I think its hard to convict Lovie Smith without hearing his explanation.It's possible Lovie recognized Cutler's knee injury as he seemed to be throwing off his back foot, which contributed to his poor play.

I think I'm going to root for Green Bay, but I have a feeling the Steelers are gonna win.
I've always loved Jay Cutler and Mike Shanahan but I was blinded about Shanahan, I know better now. I retract my latest words about Cutler because he has in fact taken a beating for a long time in Denver and especially the first half of this year in Chicago, they're inside the box and both I agree with you Bubba, we truly dont know what's going on, so I'll leave that issue alone, I was rooting for Green Bay anyways.

I have a feeling the steelers are going to lose big time though.

You know how some teams are built different than others and some match up better to some teams than others? Well that's going to be the case on this year's super bowl, The squeelers are not going to be able to match up to the Packers on any aspect of the game this year, be it offense, defense or special teams. It's just not happening, my defensive MVP for this year in Clay Matthews is going to have a monster game with 2+ sacks and a forced fumble, with the help of B.J. Raji (Jersey, stand up) drawing 2 OL and putting strain on pocket security, Charles Woodson and the rest of the secondary will beat Mike Wallace to a T. My only concern is Hines Ward and those screen passes for lots of gain they used to do back in the day, coming back for this game. On top of that, I dont see Aaron Rodgers having 2 bad games back to back!!! I predict the Packers will win it all by 2+ TDs... No drama.

orangeNblue

a.blanco0905 wrote:You know how some teams are built different than others and some match up better to some teams than others? Well that's going to be the case on this year's super bowl, The squeelers are not going to be able to match up to the Packers on any aspect of the game this year, be it offense, defense or special teams. It's just not happening, my defensive MVP for this year in Clay Matthews is going to have a monster game with 2+ sacks and a forced fumble, with the help of B.J. Raji (Jersey, stand up) drawing 2 OL and putting strain on pocket security, Charles Woodson and the rest of the secondary will beat Mike Wallace to a T. My only concern is Hines Ward and those screen passes for lots of gain they used to do back in the day, coming back for this game. On top of that, I dont see Aaron Rodgers having 2 bad games back to back!!! I predict the Packers will win it all by 2+ TDs... No drama.
Man it'd be nice to have the Packers win! At least one Matthew's brother can take home a championship :chuckle:

RCA

I am rooting for Green Bay but I think Steelers will win.

a.blanco0905
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

We'll see how the game will play out...

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

I pick my nose

a.blanco0905
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

audtatious wrote:I pick my nose
Lol... make sure u get it all out. :rotfl

a.blanco0905
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

Yes sir... screw the squeelers...