rattle

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
maximilien

Have anyone changed a bushing or any of the multilink beam pieces on a maxima 97 SE

drjohn

Have not found the need to replace any at all. What kind of noise are you hearing? We get alot of vehicles in with well over 100,000 miles and have not replaced any rear bushings as of yet. That doesn't mean yours aren't worn out but you could have another problem. Have you gotten it checked out ?

maximilien

It is like a vibration, metal on metal i would say, obvious on rough road, gravel road with riddles specially, quiet on big bumps, had 4 new shocks, muffler O.K. Went to the dealer but they had a kid looking at it , took a ride , he didn't hear anything, so at 60$ an hour figured out to search by myself. Quite a few technical service bulletin were emitted on rattle for 97 max.

drjohn

I do remember a vehicle that had the e-brake cable mounts that bolt to the trailing arms at the frt. were bent and hitting the body over bumps but I'm not sure this is your noise. Also check the tool bag in the trunk and the jack. Check the trunk stay torsion bars under the package shelf in the trunk, they sometimes rattle against each other.Check the spring seats on the rear if not seated they will rattle. Good luck!!

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”