RAS, VDC, SLIP. Steering angle sensor? [SOLVED]

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
adespain
Car: 2007 infiniti m45

I searched and didn't find any relevant posts. I have a 2007 m45s and the ras/vdc/slip lights are on, along with a blinking AFS off light. My code reader didn't find any codes, so I went to the dealer and they told me I need to replace the steering angle sensor. I am planning on getting a used one from ebay, since new ones are in the $700-$900 range. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on replacing it/things to be careful not to break.
Last edited by EdBwoy on Fri May 04, 2018 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited title

EdBwoy

Remove airbag
Remove 19mm nut
Remove steering wheel with steering wheel puller or equivalent
Remove clockspring with angle sensor. I think it has a warning that they should not be disassembled but I'll verify with a part that I have. I cracked the clockspring part of it, but the sensor should be OK.

It's advisable to disconnect the battery negative cable

EdBwoy

Found it!
This is the clockspring assembly, the front.

This is the steering angle sensor on the back side. It can be unscrewed.

Pay shipping and it's yours

adespain

Thank you for the pictures, and I will definitely buy it from you. I'll send you a message.

adespain

In case anyone is interested, replacing the Steering Angle Sensor seems to have worked. As I stated previously, the RAS/slip/VDC lights were on and the AFS light was flashing. No codes check engine codes were thrown, as I would check periodically and my scanner showed nothing. Now everything seems good to go.
Removing the airbag is easy. It's the same as the the g35 so if you watch any of those videos on youtube you should be good to go. Just make sure you have the security torx bit since the bolts holding the airbag in are security torx.

Big thanks to EdBwoy for sending me the part and checking on my progress. I really appreciate your help. I'll update again when I get a few miles on the car to make sure this problem is competely resolved.

EdBwoy

You're welcome adespain, I'm glad the part solved your problem, at least until we hear anything contrary.

adespain

I have finally driven the M a few miles and the problem has not returned. This seems to have solved my issue! As a bonus, one of my TPMS light was on with all the other lights and the car showed one of the sensors was not reading. After I replaced the SAS that TPMS sensor has also started working. It seems sort of odd that only one would stop working, but it shows the tire pressure now and the light is off.

icemann
Car: 2007 Infiniti M45 Sport

Having identical issue on 2007 M45s. Do I need to replace the whole clockspring assembly or just the sensor?

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”