RAS, VDC off, Slip and ABS lights on 06 M35

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
G$$
Car: 2006 M35 Sport Sedan

Been muling around here since I bought an 06 M35 about a month ago. Unfortunately, my first post is not much of a value add, but any help/insight would be appreciated.

Car is driving fine but lights are on. Took to dealer and 7 error codes popped. They killed 2 of the codes with replacing the right front ABS sensor ($500 including labor) and are now telling me that the intelligent cruise control unit ($1,724+labor :wtf2: ) needs to be replaced to clear the 5 remaining error codes. The 5 remaining error codes are:
C1185
C1137
C1107
C1929
C1?26

Anyone else had the same/similar issue? Thanks for the help.

loystock
Car: 10 Pilot, 97&03 Q45s, 97 I30 and 06 M35 Sports (04 G35 & 99 I30-RIP)

Welcome to NICO.

Couple of questions for you - 1) Were the lights on when you bought the car; 2) Do you drive hard?

I am assuming that your warranty has expired so everything is out of pocket expenses?

You said replacing the right front ABS sensor has cleared 2/7 codes. But C1107 indicates "No signal from right front wheel (ABS) sensor. And this can be caused by - open/short circuit; poor electrical connections; faulty wheel sensor; or faulty ABS Control Module. Since Infiniti normally provides up to 12 months warranty on repair, then you can ask them for warranty repair on this item as it is possible that the replacement wheel sensor is defective or not installed correctly.

Unfortunately, C1185 indicates Active Cruise Control Malfunction

Refer to the link below for additional info on other codes.

http://ecc.brownboots.com/abs_troubleco ... &confirm=1

I can't find C1929 from the above site but found it thru another one - C1929 Air Suspension Front Compressor Relay Circuit Failure.

The "C" trouble codes are normally assigned to Chassis but in this case, specific to ABS Trouble Codes.

Attached is a link to the FSM (Factory Service Manual). You can get useful info from chapters BRC (Brake Control) and ACS (Auto Cruise Control).

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/M/2006_M45-M35/fwd.pdf

G$$

Thanks loystock! The lights were not on until a couple days ago and I drive fairly conservatively. Yes, this is out-of-pocket for me. I did call the dealer and tell them I could get the intelligent cruise unit for $400 cheaper than their quote, so that cut the cost back. My concern is that they install the cruise unit and tell me that didn't do it and something else needs replacing. I also find it hard to believe that the ABS sensor and the cruise unit went bad at exactly the same time. I feel like the representive at the dealer I am dealing with is being honest, I'm just not sure he really knows what the issue is.

Thanks for the links--I have some reading to do.

G$$

Called the dealer to find out--I did ask the dealer if that was one of the codes, and he said no, but I am not sure if that meant that he cleared it via the ABS sensor.

loystock
Car: 10 Pilot, 97&03 Q45s, 97 I30 and 06 M35 Sports (04 G35 & 99 I30-RIP)

So if the Service Notice says "require no diagnosis or repair," as related to the codes above, then how do you reset the lights? Or maybe I'm reading it wrong.

G$$

Dealer said the code missing above was C1A26 and the two codes that they cleared by installing the ABS sensor were C1A01 and C1A04.

G$$

I just had the 60,000 mile job a few weeks ago and they checked all fluids and specifically mentioned the brakes, but I will call and make sure they know the above info. I am not sure what other service dept I could take the car to--I guess a nissan dealer? I am in Memphis, TN.

G$$

Dealer said techs specifically looked at ITB07-027 above. Dealer is saying that when they unplug intelligent cruise and check that computer, they do not get the error codes, but the codes and RAS and VDC disablement happen when driving, because the RAS and VDC (and possibly ABS) will be disabled if intelligent cruise is disabled or not working (they say that they all have to work together to work based on the computer programming), so this is why they think that the intelligent cruise unit is failing and that a new unit will fix the codes. Unit should arrive tomorrow.

dvan

I had all those same lights come on and all i needed to do was change my brake pads

G$$

Thanks--they said that the brakes look brand new. They said that they checked the brakes and that everything look fine--the only thing they made note of is that the pads were aftermarket.

G$$

To clear all codes, they had to replace R/F wheel sensor rotor/hub, replace hub assy-road wheel, and replace sensor assy distance

The Bodyguard
Car: 08 M35 black loaded custom VIPDOUT
08 G35s sold 92k miles
08 M45s-sold 78k miles
07 M35-traded 53k miles
95 J30-sold 155k miles
Location: Cypress, TX (Houston) o.g. from southern cali (North Hollywood)!!

I had all those lights on just about a month ago..called the dealer amd they wanted to schedule some kind of maintenance check up. Which would be out of pocket for me! I took it to my own mechanic and they said brakes were low. They checked my brake fluid and found that it wad just a hair under the required set. I had them add brake fluid and after starting up da car the lights never came on again! I kbo I still need brakes and finally hot my parts ordered yesterday so I will fix that problem for good. Also, I still have factory warranty but I want try a different dealership....

ctsedan
Car: 2006 M45 blk on blk. 1995 s14 Sr20DET.

Typically if you get those lights you re-fill brake fluid and they all go away, this is very common on all Infiniti cars! I would check the brakes and the fluid yourself or at local mechanic before you go back to Infiniti!!

Also, you can get used cruise unit from part resellers found on here www.car-parts.com

Good luck

waynelin19
Car: 2006 Infinity G35 Coupe

So...it seems like there are 3 options to getting rid of these lights...i'm going to list it from easiest to most difficult...

1. Replace the brake fluid. My brake fluid is at a good level, but I should replace it anyway right?

2. Replace the brake pad. My pads were replaced a year ago and I am not an aggressive driver, so not sure if this will help much. Who knows...

3. And finally, G$$ performed the following "To clear all codes, they had to replace R/F wheel sensor rotor/hub, replace hub assy-road wheel, and replace sensor assy distance". Hey G$$, how much did all those replacements cost? Btw, never go to dealerships, they rip you off! If you must go, definitely say you want to give them business because you trust their work, but you found it for a few hundred cheaper elsewhere. I'm sure they will match your price.

Let me know! Thanks!

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

Sounds kinda like this that I just had, same lights as me but I also had the SES on:
error-lights-came-on-while-driving-t543215.html

waynelin19

thanks Enigma. i looked at your post and it was very helpful. did you have any problems with your cruise control?

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

While the lights go on, cruise control does not work. Just gives a single long beep when I turned it on. I never use cruise control though so I didnt mind. I always drive with VDC off anyway and when VDC is off the adaptive cruise doesnt work anyway. I drive aggressively so cruise is of no use to me.

JParadise225
Car: Infiniti M35x

I had this happen recently. Its the parking break pads in the rear wheels. you need to change them.

The Bodyguard
Car: 08 M35 black loaded custom VIPDOUT
08 G35s sold 92k miles
08 M45s-sold 78k miles
07 M35-traded 53k miles
95 J30-sold 155k miles
Location: Cypress, TX (Houston) o.g. from southern cali (North Hollywood)!!

Typically, all these functions work in connection with our breaks so, anything goes bad with our break systems (fluid, pads, lines, parking breaks pads, etc.) These lights will come on and consequently these functions won't work..... :bigthumb:
Seems this has been the case for all of us here...lol

GQM45s
Car: 2008 Infiniti M45 Sport Tech Pkg, Advance Tech Pkg, Mobile Entertainment Pkg

ctsedan wrote:Typically if you get those lights you re-fill brake fluid and they all go away, this is very common on all Infiniti cars! I would check the brakes and the fluid yourself or at local mechanic before you go back to Infiniti!!

Also, you can get used cruise unit from part resellers found on here http://www.car-parts.com

Good luck
This is what happen to me too, went up to the dealer and the guy poured brake fluid in and bam back to normal. I was a bit surprised when that happen and was like thats it?!?!?!

waynelin19

Yea my parking brake has been kinda weak these past few months. I will definitely have that checked out.

So there were no "sensors" that had to be replaced correct?

JParadise225 wrote:I had this happen recently. Its the parking break pads in the rear wheels. you need to change them.

josiah08
Car: M45

i have the same problem with the light on but my speedometer doesnt work and the car only moves like 3mph does anyone know why?

tunacommander
Car: 2006 Infinity M35

Put meter on mine and it said faulty camshaft positioning sensor. I have 188,000 miles so probably needs replaced. :mike

revenghost
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45

Thank you all! Was very worried when all these lights came on, added break fluid and they all turned off :)

crimson45
Car: M45 Sport

came to chime in, in 2019. lights all turned off when I added brake fluid! here I was thinking "oh boy, here comes another 1k+ repair".

cardonam
Car: 2006 Infiniti m35x

my lights are still on after adding brake fluid and replacing rear brakes. any insight on how to clear or should i replace front brakes as well before paying someone to look at it(dealership). no local mechanics in my area are familiar with infiniti's

cardonam
Car: 2006 Infiniti m35x

my lights are still on after adding brake fluid and replacing rear brakes. any insight on how to clear or should i replace front brakes as well before paying someone to look at it(dealership). no local mechanics in my area are familiar with infiniti's

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”