Ranting about access to fuse panel behind battery

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
z16chevelleguy
Car: 2017 QX70- 2013 G37 Coupe Journey-2007 Corvette convertible-1998 GMC 3500 4 X 4 -1965 Chevelle SS

Well here I go. 2017 QX70 is the victim.
I removed glove box to replace glove box light with an LED.
Upon doing so the LED was loose. I adjusted it somewhat and reinstalled the LED. Doing so I noticed a slight spark. I should of had power disconnected or off. Well I blew a fuse, this I am sure of.

Searching I found three fuse box locations. With a lot of time into searching I was not able to locate or find a blown fuse.I then called the local dealer asking for a location of fuses. They were of no help.

Doing some online research I was able to find another fuse box. This one is behind the battery! There is no way to open this box without removing the battery cover, the cowling above the battery and the battery! I can see there is a tail light fuse in this box.OMG Infiniti, what were you thinking? :wtf2:

I had discovered that my tail lights are not working and I had read the glove box light is part of the tail light circuit. I am sure this is the issue.Now after I remove the battery, replace the fuse I do hope this solves the issue.

Who in there right mind would design something like this? The owners manual does not even show all the fuse locations.

z16chevelleguy
Car: 2017 QX70- 2013 G37 Coupe Journey-2007 Corvette convertible-1998 GMC 3500 4 X 4 -1965 Chevelle SS

Ok,
There are no fuses behind the cover that has every circuit marked with the amps

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”