Random Sr20det FWD Questions.

For discussion of front-drive SR20DE, SR20VE and SR20DET engines!
Akuma362
Car: 1994 Nissan Altima Sr20det FWD

I just thought that i would start this topic so that people may be able to ask what i like to call "Noob" questions without feeling bad. I know that i read some of these topics and have questions but some of us are scared/afraid/worried to be laughed at or made fun of. So Ask away. And believe me ill be asking my fair share of questions

Akuma362
Car: 1994 Nissan Altima Sr20det FWD

Anyone know what type and size of thread the stock oil pressure switch?

Nismoaniak
Car: Bee Phor Tein!! SE-R

need 2 buy a sr20de for my car but am having trouble locating a good deal on one . i keep gettin people trying to rip me off and i dont trust ebay motors. somewhere someone told me about tigerjapanese and my question is, does anyone really trust this place? someone else told me they dont trust it at all but idk it looks legit. any info is appreciated. also if i were to get a DET would i need to swap out anything in my car at all? ECU, wire harness, tranny? info plz

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

Tiger japanese is legit and for the price they are asking on the Avenir you better jump all over one. I paid 1500 for my bluebird 7 yrs ago. So 890 for a newer Avenir is a great deal. You may want to check out Soko motors, I believe there only warehouse left open is on the west coast though. I have bought a many DE's from them and had no problems.

Dallas1

i agree tiger has awsome deals, check out venus motors also, they have a good rep in oregon and nor cal

Dallas1

Nismoaniak! wrote:need 2 buy a sr20de for my car but am having trouble locating a good deal on one . i keep gettin people trying to rip me off and i dont trust ebay motors. somewhere someone told me about tigerjapanese and my question is, does anyone really trust this place? someone else told me they dont trust it at all but idk it looks legit. any info is appreciated. also if i were to get a DET would i need to swap out anything in my car at all? ECU, wire harness, tranny? info plz
asuming that you have an ser ( i am still a noob to this as well ) i think all you need is the motor and ecu, use your trans, wiring harness and jdm maf with the jdm ecu or chip your usdm ecu and use your stock maf, hope that helps

Frenshawas
Car: 95 s14 1jz single

ive bought motors from tigerjap and engineland inc. 1 from engineland and 4 from tigerjap......so far so good

jlewis_1988
Car: 97 200sx se-r

ok i would like to add to Nismoaniacs ? since i have a front wheel drive is there a specific det i need

Frenshawas
Car: 95 s14 1jz single

jlewis_1988 wrote:ok i would like to add to Nismoaniacs ? since i have a front wheel drive is there a specific det i need
thats the motor and u will need an avenir or bluebird ecu,a step down/conversion harness to plug in the ecu and a 54c maf
http://www.tigerjapanese.com/index.php? ... &Itemid=26

turn the key then....... :dblthumb:

joshuanv28
Car: 1995 Nissan 200sx SE
2004 Nissan Pathfinder

I have 95 200 sx will that swap for me

Rudi
Car: Nissan exa with sr20det conversion

I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A SR20DET FROM JAPAN AND IT IS VERY NEAT ONLY PROBLEM IS IT NEVER CAME TO MY COUNTRY I AM IN SOUTH AFRICA AND WOLD LIKE TO KNOW THE COLOR CODING ON THE DISTRIBUTOR

Return to “SR20DE / SR20VE / SR20DET Forum (front drive)”