Random play mode audio issue 2017 370z

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
kriddd
Car: 2017 370z base coupe

Hi everyone. I just bought a brand new z-car (base model, m/t) in October. I've noticed that when playing mp3 files off a usb stik in "random play" mode, everything's fine until about 7-10 songs have played...at which point the program reverts to the first song played, and then plays each of the 7-10 songs over again in the exact order they were played the first time. I've tried different usb stiks, making various different folders on the stiks, putting the songs in different orders on the stiks, all to no avail. I still get the same result. I even tried punching through those 7-10 songs after reversion to get to a different song, at which point another 7-10 songs play normally and then the system reverts back to very first song (i.e., in the first group of 7-10). This is all very annoying. :wtf2: Has anyone else had this happen to them? If so, were you able to solve it and how?

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Couple of quick questions...

Does this not happen when you play the tracks in a non-random order?

How do you have your audio files named? Copy/paste an example or two if you don't mind.

kriddd
Car: 2017 370z base coupe

Thanks for the reply. I can play sequential tracks without any issues. My audio files are in the format "Dream Theater - Pull Me Under." That is, artist followed by hyphen followed by song title.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

I had a problem with a CD player a long time ago that did something similar that I won't bother going into here.

I'm pretty ocd about my fill e bases and everything I had at the time was numbered as the tracks appeared on an album. All my problems went away when I went to a three number naming structure. So, instead of:

01_U_Got_the_Look.mp3

I just added a zero on the front end and had

001_U_Got_the_Look.mp3

I figured that the tiny brain on the CD player was having a problem on albums with a lot of tracks (usually CDs I had packed with songs), sort of like the Y2K limitation way back when.

Do a test playlist like that and see if it works. I forgot to ask, have you tried to play the same stuff in a different car? If you did, what happened?

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”