Rain water leaking in - anyone else ?

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
mfn1194

Yesterday in heavy rains some water dripped in. It was dripping from the inside, seeping through the fabric above where the roof meets the front pillar. On the drivers side.

I looked outside the car onto top of the roof, there is weather stripping that run on each side of the car roof from front to back. Is it possible that the seal is broken ? Anyone know what would be involved in cost and repair ?

Thanks

99QX4
Car: '07 G35, '05 FX35

My boy has a '07 G35x and the weather stripping on driver side door was starting to come off. He got it fixed before it became a problem though...i hope that helps somewhat!

J-Owner
Car: 2010 FX35 owner and former owner of an '05 G35 Coupe and a '95 J30T.

This sounds like an easy fix as I had the same problem and got them to fix it last week when my car was in the shop to have the driver's seat fixed.

We have gotten INCREDIBLE amounts of rain in the North Texas area so I noticed that mine had been dripping a bit from the driver's window at the top above the window controls.

The work order from the dealership stated that the left body weld or welt seal (he misspelled it I think) was slightly deformed so he removed the left body (again) weld or welt and used a heat gun to soften before reinstalling. However he did it it fixed the problem. It continues to rain here and no more dripping.

Mine is still under warranty so of course I didn't pay for it and not sure how much they would charge. The above explanation is in tech terms so if you tell the service department they should understand it I guess. My interpretation was that he took the rubber part off and melted it a bit to make it fit better and then put it back on.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”