Rain sensing and intermittent only work after diag. button

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
O5Q45
Car: 2005 Q45 Base sedan

My rain sensing wipers and my intermittent wipers will not work... Until, I remove the black cover over the mounted sensor on the windshield and press the diagnostics button. After I press it, I get rapid red Led which means problem in system however after pressing the button both settings work as they should until I turn the ignition off and have to repeat process each time I need either setting. Any ideas or similar issues?

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

So you start the car, then uncover the sensor, then push the button, then lights flash, then you push the button again, then your stuff works. Is that what you are saying? You push the diag button twice? What is/ are the "either setting" you refer to? Have you tried just starting the car with the sensor uncovered?

O5Q45

I start the car, neither intermittent wipers nor rain sensing feature works; So, after I start the car, if I remove cover from mounted sensor, I press and hold button under the black cover until the red and green lights turn off, then release. Then I get rapid red. Not 1 second green.( Rapid red means problem in system, 1 second green means all good.) Now, if I pull the wiper stalk to intermittent /rain sense (same selection) while I am pressing the button and then release, I am able to trick the system into working. If I do not do a diagnostics (press button) or I don't move wiper selector stalk during diagnostic neither intermittent or rain sense will work. Does anyone else have to go through the diagnostic process for the rain sensor to get full functionality of the wipers?

O5Q45

The entire cycle process is required if I turn off the ignition.

centralcoaster33

Hmm, please try the FSM. Here is a link to the wiper chapter. Please have a look at page WW-29 and maybe try the procedure described there. Does that fix it? If not, maybe peruse the rest of the wiper chapter and let me know if you find something closer to describing/ solving your issue.

http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual? ... 005_Q45/ww

centralcoaster33

Could simply be a relay. If you find it might be, maybe look around your relay box and pull a similar one from a non-used system and put it into the wiper for testing/ process of elimination, then put it back where you found it.

LeeDr
Car: 2014 Infiniti QX60

There is a way for the dealer to disable the rain sensor and have 4 positions of regular intermittent wipers. I just had it done today after suffering years with wiper problems post6852811.html#p6852811

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”