Radio won't turn on

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
flsoutherngirl
Car: Nissan Rogue 2016

I had a dead battery last night. After I got a jump everything in the car is working except the radio. The radio is blank and won't turn on. I checked the internal fuses and everything looks fine. It worked perfectly fine before the battery dead. Does anyone have any suggestions how I can fix it? I don't have the money to take it in right now and hoping for ideas I can look at myself. Thanks!!

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

No engine, model type or year given, you people don't look after yourselves well at all.........there may well be 2-3 different radios in that vehicle and every one requiring something different.

Let's make this as hard as we can, and still dare to ask for FREE help.

AND, if the battery is truly dead or you have added to it by driving long enough with a dead battery to then fry the alternator too, the radio may well be the least of your problems.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

amc49 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:55 pm
No engine, model type or year given, you people don't look after yourselves well at all.........there may well be 2-3 different radios in that vehicle and every one requiring something different.

AND, if the battery is truly dead or you have added to it by driving long enough with a dead battery to then fry the alternator too, the radio may well be the least of your problems.
Ooh, someone's in a cranky mood (that's my job :biggrin: ). Rogues all have the same engine so it was pointless to mention that. The rest of the details, save for the trim level, are in her profile.
Damage was done during a jump start
  • ​​Electrical system components can be damaged during a jump start if precautions aren't taken.
  • Check the relevant fuses and fusible links before you condemn the radio.
  • If the radio has both power and ground, then it probably has an internal fault.
If the cables were hooked up backward at any point, and your radio stopped working as a result, then the radio may well be fried. And quite aside from your radio, any number of other components could also be fried.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Rogue One wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:52 am
amc49 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:55 pm

Ooh, someone's in a cranky mood (that's my job :biggrin: ). Rogues all have the same engine so it was pointless to mention that. The rest of the details, save for the trim level, are in her profile.
Damage was done during a jump start
  • ​​Electrical system components can be damaged during a jump start if precautions aren't taken.
  • Check the relevant fuses and fusible links before you condemn the radio.
  • If the radio has both power and ground, then it probably has an internal fault.
If the cables were hooked up backward at any point, and your radio stopped working as a result, then the radio may well be fried. And quite aside from your radio, any number of other components could also be fried.
About that trim level m8, the 2016s has multiple radios, so OP needs to specify on which trim they have or what radio their Rogue is equipped with.

Radio is least of my worries, unless you (OP) has the 360 camera option, then I'd start worrying. Also, like stated before, something in the electrical system got fried.

Karona
Car: '99 Infiniti QX4 (R.I.P)
'08 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

From a general technical (ignoring all specifics) standpoint it sounds like some part of the circuitry in the radio itself was damaged either when the vehicle lost power (if it was running when it lost power?) or from being jumped, perhaps capacitor damage, if you're good with electronics it may be possible to take it apart and troubleshoot the boards, but the time it'd take it'd probably make more sense to replace it.. :(

prj
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue. 2004 Nissan Titan

There's a fuse under the hood for the radio. Change that and you will be good to go.

Return to “Rogue Forum”