Radio stays on

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
radioman_1320
Car: 2014 Nissan Versa SV

A few nights ago, I walked out to my 2014 Nissan Versa SV and noticed the lighted display on my radio was lit up. The display had no text, just the orange light from the backlight lit. The key was not in the ignition and the door was locked. I started the car up, and it luckily had not drained my battery. I turned the radio on and then shut it off again. I turned the car off again and the radio light went off, but within fifteen seconds had lit up again. I had gotten a few suggestions from this website like holding the "eject" button in for two or three minutes and then quickly hitting the button again after letting go. That did not work. I also removed the fuse and kept it out for almost 30 minutes, hoping that might reset the radio, but that didn't work either. I also have a CD stuck in the CD player. The display for the CD player reads "No CD" when I hit the "CD" button. I can have the dealership look at it, but I'm fearful on how much the cost would be to disassemble the dashboard and the labor fee that goes with that. And, no other radio installer could give a suggestion on what the problem might be. I'm wondering if the radio doesn't shut off because of the stuck CD (even though it's been over a month now since the CD got stuck originally). I'm hoping someone might have a remedy I can try, before my battery is completely drained. I also need a solution on how to remove a CD stuck in the player. The problem is driving me insane.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Welcome to NICO Club!

What kind of CD player and which model do you have in your Versa?

Return to “Versa General Chat”