Radio reception and antenna

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
dyna962007
Car: pending

JUst had to replace my Bose head unit with a new JVC.The PM reception blows. The installed told me he tried two different radios and it made no difference. Does this seem to be a problem on these cars?I have tried replacing the antenna but most of the really cool looking ones that are shorter, dont seem to work as well as the stock one?Has anyone found a really cool looking but high gain antenna?Is there a trick on this reception that my installer is missing?Mike

Mr. Z33
Car: 2003 Pearl White 350Z

Not sure with your aftermarket head unit, but I have the BOSE headunit and an S2K antenna. I got it driectly from a Honda dealership...fits and works the same if not better than stock. Some people say they have trouble with the shorter antenna, but not me. So its just a trial and error thing.

dyna962007
Car: pending

cool and thanks, I will have to pull up a pic of that antenna and see what it looks like. One thing I Noticed, the Bose head and tuner seems to pick up better than the JVC aftermarket set up. Thanks for the tip, mike
Mr. Z33 wrote:Not sure with your aftermarket head unit, but I have the BOSE headunit and an S2K antenna. I got it driectly from a Honda dealership...fits and works the same if not better than stock. Some people say they have trouble with the shorter antenna, but not me. So its just a trial and error thing.
l

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”