Radio programming question

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Jimmy9190
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue S

I have a 2018 Rogue S, it has the standard non-Bose 6-speaker XM ready radio with the rear view camera, CD and Android Auto. I would like to improve the audio system, and keep the factory radio, just add a good 4 channel amp to it with better speakers and possibly a single subwoofer in the hatch. Through my job I have access to All Data, it says if you replace the factory radio that you have to reprogram the new radio using the Nissan Consult tool. I saw similar instructions in the FSM here on the Forum.

If I add an amplifier I will need to remove the radio and make signal and speaker connections behind it. My question is, does anyone know if I were to remove and then reinstall the original, already programmed radio will it still need to be re-programmed after I plug everything back in? The way I interpreted All Data and the FSM is they are referring to replacing the radio with a brand new, un-programmed radio, not removing and reinstalling the original radio. I would hope the original radio would retain any program settings already in it, it would not be out of the dash for more than an hour at the most.

Thanks for any help or info on this.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Well, you're not replacing the radio, so I'd say your assessment is correct. Other than losing your programmed stations when you disconnect the battery (safety first!), there should be no need to use a Nissan Consult tool.

Jimmy9190
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue S

Thanks. It will be a while before I have any of the audio upgrade completed but I will post back the results when done.

Return to “Rogue Forum”