Radio Not Loading Properly

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
BigDKool
Car: 2016 Maxima SR

Hey Everybody - My radio on my 2016 Nissan Maxima SR started having problems a few weeks ago. Whenever I start-up my car, it takes a few minutes for the radio to come up. When it does, it always defaults to a channel no matter if I was on it or not. Sometimes it says no signal, but is playing music from the station I mentioned. Once the radio finally does come up, it continues to tell me that my favorite radio artist and songs are not accessible. My stations have stayed the same, but now of my saved favorites work anymore.

I feel like my radio needs a soft reboot or something like that. Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this with their Maxima's?

Thanks!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome!

Has the SD card for the Navigation System been removed? Believe it or not the system needs this card to retain settings. If the card is removed or damaged/failed, the system will behave in the manner you've described. Check that the SD card is in place, if so it may have been damaged or just failed (it happens). If that's the case you'll need to replace it. Here's the link for purchasing the latest SD map card: https://nissan.navigation.com/product/C ... ssanNA/USD

Scenario B: It is possible that the head unit itself is failing, but I'd still check the SD card first.

BigDKool
Car: 2016 Maxima SR

Thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to provide your thoughts.

I personally have never taken it out. I just had to google where is actually was. I will head out to the car and remove and reinsert just to make sure it did not move.

What head unit would be failing?

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”