Radiator swap

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Dxta
Car: Infiniti M45 sedan base sport

Hi, everyone. Are there other radiators from other vehicles, that can fit into my car, with or without modifications to them? I meant, radiators that could be from maybe a dogde or Ford. Although I have replaced my radiator some months ago, I just want to know if there are other vehicle brands that can fit.

Thanks

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

There are many aftermarkets that are made to fit your car and will fit better than trying to make another brand's fit.
I suppose theoretically its possible to find one, but why, when there is a good selection of well fitting and reasonably priced rads?

..do you have issues with your current rad? :poke:
Was your replacement OEM?
In my experience OEM Nissan rads are usually pretty good.

I would expect 350Z and G35 radiators to possibly fit since the platform is shared.. but would not swear by it.
If you tell us more about what you are trying to accomplish we can give more specific advice. :wavey:

Dxta
Car: Infiniti M45 sedan base sport

PalmerWMD wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:55 pm
There are many aftermarkets that are made to fit your car and will fit better than trying to make another brand's fit.
I suppose theoretically its possible to find one, but why, when there is a good selection of well fitting and reasonably priced rads?

..do you have issues with your current rad? :poke:
Was your replacement OEM?
In my experience OEM Nissan rads are usually pretty good.

I would expect 350Z and G35 radiators to possibly fit since the platform is shared.. but would not swear by it.
If you tell us more about what you are trying to accomplish we can give more specific advice. :wavey:
There's nothing wrong with the radiator. It's an OEM one. I just wanted to have an idea, if there could be something like that.

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

Aftermarket radiators often are single section and say they are for manual transmissions cars only. I believe our OEM radiators have two sections and the trans fluid goes through the bottom. So be sure when replacing that you get one that is compatible.

You can also add a couple additional small radiators. Many people add a short, long one underneath the stock radiators for cooling intake air in turbo applications, but you could use that spot to add capacity to the engine radiator as well or mount an oil radiator there instead. People often mount small oil radiators to the left or right down near the fog lights (and often remove the foglights to let the air pass straight through)

EdBwoy

Dxta wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:27 pm
Hi, everyone. Are there other radiators from other vehicles, that can fit into my car, with or without modifications to them? I meant, radiators that could be from maybe a dogde or Ford. Although I have replaced my radiator some months ago, I just want to know if there are other vehicle brands that can fit.

Thanks
While the previous responses are correct, sometimes the answer can be yes, depending on what vehicle we are talking about.

Going off memory, but I am guessing this is with regards to your previously mentioned 03/04 M45, right?
If so, then the answer is still NO. The Y34 has a pretty unique radiator. Not only is its shape unique, but it also has a spot for a coolant temperature sensor at the bottom as well.

I know I have seen aftermarket radiators that look like they would fit based on their layouts, but getting a radiator made for a different model is worse in my opinion. You run the risk of having less capacity and also rendering your cooling fan useless if the shroud isn't a proper fit.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”