Radiator hose clamp recommendation

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
brickbox
Car: 2011 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4

Over this past summer, I did multiple drains and fills getting the old green coolant out (from prior to my ownership of the Q) and replaced it with the Zerex Asian formula (the pink/red stuff).

During the time, I replaced the original hoses and clamps. The replacement clamps were the worm type (ran out of weekend and daylight and I needed the car for Monday morning commute. The clamps were from HF. I know I know :facepalm: )

Anywho, they were fine until winter came along. Now they seem to be loosening periodically causing me to loose coolant around the hose openings. The clamps on the upper hose are particularly bad.

Are there any recommendations outside of where to get the correct/better clamps outside of giving up and just going to the local Nissan dealership (the Infiniti dealership charges a 30-40% premium over what the Nissan dealership charges for the same parts :mad: )

heavy hitter
Car: 2001 QX4

can yo just go to any parts store and buy some screw type hose clamps?

heavy hitter
Car: 2001 QX4

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

just get an oem one, shouldn't be more than $10

brickbox

I got 2 clamps off fleabay for less than $9. I'll install them on the next day when its above freezing.
Btw, does anyone know if I need to drain any of the antifreeze out before removing the upper hose? It will be done post leaving the car untouched overnight.

brickbox

To close this thread out, the OE clamps I got off eBay worked like a charm. They were Nissan NIB from 2013..No more leaks.
While there was no antifreeze that came out of the hose itself, I had about a quart worth of fluid come out of the radiator between taking the hose and clamps off, sliding on the new clamps and putting the hose back on.

Lesson learnt: Don't use HF cheapo worm clamps.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”