Radiator fans not working

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
sunnydude
Car: '10 Rogue SL AWD

I just finished replacing a speed sensor and installing the aftermarket transmission cooler on my daughters Rogue that we bought in November. Had it running last night after filling the transmission and even though the car was running for about 30 minutes, the fans never kicked on. I have check the connections as I kept knocking into them working on the other items.

I know the coolant temp sensor is working as I plugged in my Bluedriver reader and could see the temp was 194.

The coolant is low as I forgot to fill back up after losing some during the tranny cooler install (verified after cold) but is there another common spot to check?

Wife would love to get this car out of her spot in the garage!

Thanks.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

The fans don't switch on unless needed. I don't know what the temp was at your place, but that's at least a possible reason. Also, if you haven't already, check all the connections and wires to be sure nothing got knocked loose. Other than that, I think there is a sensor for the fans too. Hope this helps.

sunnydude
Car: '10 Rogue SL AWD

Well I checked the relays and the fuses and they all are working. Took car out tonight with it being 43 degrees out. Monitoring temp and it stayed right at 190-194. This equates to the middle of the gauge so that is fine. Fans didn’t come on. Need to check the temp sensor next.

Return to “Rogue Forum”