Radiant emblem

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
supreme1285
Car: Infiniti M35x 06

:wtf2: Ive seen the radiant emblem on a '15 q50. Do they sell this for a '17 q70. Can i use the same emblem on my 70

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Radiant emblem? Is that like a backlit grill emblem thing?

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

The grille assemblies are quite different between the Q50, Q60, and Q70. My wife's Q60 has it but we both find it a silly thing so my service rep hooked us up with one of the techs who came out and deactivated it without affecting anything else, LOL. They don't offer it on the Q70 at all, but I imagine you can get the OEM part (about $500) and stick it in place of the original Q70 emblem. It will need to be wired into the headlamp harness or wired direct to a fuse that activates only when the headlamps are on.
Seems lots of work and expense just for a little trinket, but if I were a fan and wanted it, I'd find a way to do it. If you install it, please consider doing a DIY with photos so others can see how it's done.

JCesar

I don't like them at all. just me

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

I agree. If it were more a normal size and subtle, I might feel different. But grille emblems are getting larger and larger because they think they can hide cameras, radar cruise, etc behind them and nobody will notice. We do. Then, on top of making them too big for the grille, they want to take is to Vegas and light it up? Not to call anyone out (Mercedes, Genesis, etc), but some grille emblems have become this huge splat of junky-looking black plastic that tries to, but fails to blend into the actual grille. My car has a small square hole in the lower grille for the radar, a camera inside the at the top of the windscreen for lane control, and another small gizmo next to the rear view mirror for rain. I am fine with that. No need to make a large, unsightly car emblem and paste it in the center of the grille and then surround it with light! If Mercedes emblems get much larger, the emblem will BE the grille, LOL.

But .... now that I've had a sip of Vahdam summer silver tea, if you like this sort of thing and it appears pleasing to your eyes, I say have a go and make a DIY for like minded owners.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”