Radar Detector/Laser Defuser

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
BJB
Car: 2006 M45

I had a K40 remote radar detector/laser defuser installed in my '06 M45 today. This thing is awesome. The coolest thing is that you don't have something hanging from your windshield. The radar and laser detectors are mounted in the air dam on the front of the car and the rear radar detector is mounted under the bumper cover. The system is bluetooth so the front and rear mounted detectors communicate with the brain without having to run any wires into the cabin. The installer mounted two small blue LED lights inside of the instrument cluster. One in front of the RPM gauge (front detector LED) and one in front of the MPH gauge (rear detector LED). He had to take the dash apart to do this but the end results is awesome. Basically, when a cop's radar is detected, your gauges flash blue. This is more noticable at night than during the day. I don't think that this was the intended effect. The LEDs were installed there so that I would see the actually LEDS. However, I don't see the actual LEDS, I see the entire gauge light up blue. The system also has a speaker which has voice commands to tell you where the radar is (front or back) and the band that is detecting you.

I had to drive about 80 miles to an authorized installer, so I had a chance to test the system out on the way home and it works really well.

Here are some pics. Sorry for the dirty car... it's been raining.

Modified by BJB at 5:11 PM 2/4/2006

Modified by BJB at 5:11 PM 2/4/2006
Modified by BJB at 5:12 PM 2/4/2006

BJB

Front radar and laser components.

BJB

Rear Component

BJB

Remote

jshattner

Looks great. Some of your stuff seems to have been edited out; I assume there were links to where to get more info. The BT idea is really cool, and gets rid of one of the major installability hangups.

How's the K40 rated relative to V1? Is it good on not being detected as well for travel in states where they're not allowed? That seemed, as I recall, to be a Valentine strength.

BJB

I don't think that any of the post was edited. The k40 website is k40dotcom. And yes it has the radar detector detector (RDD) feauture.

I have spent a lot of time doing research and it seems that the most comprehensive site for radar detector tests is speedzonedotcom. Some of the other tests are done by companies that sell detectors as well. And amazingly since Valentine detectors can only be purchased direct and K40 can only be purchases from approved installers, many of these sites either don't talk about these products or bash them.

From everthing that I have read, the V1 is one of the best RDs that you can buy. I didn't want a windshield mount, so I never really considered it an option.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

BJB wrote:From everthing that I have read, the V1 is one of the best RDs that you can buy.
Agreed!

There are a number of posts on this topic here. The Valentine 1 has become my favorite for sure.

Z

White Tiger
Car: 2006 M45 Sport with Journey, Tech, & Aero Package

Nice installation. Although I decided against an installed one and went with the Passport 8500 X50, an excellent RD, right up there with the V1, but slightly less expensive as I got mine 2nd hand from someone who bought it and moved to a state where RD's are illegal (Virginia I think, one of 4 states where they are illegal). New I think they are around $300. Very happy with it and it works flawlessly.

The reason I like the windshield mount is because I have multiple cars and it is easy to move it from vehicle to vehicle, which isn't possible with a permanent mount.

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Very happy with my X50 Blue also. Got painted by a laser one night going to Houston. He must have had the jitters at the range he was he should have seen nothing but plate.

qship96
Car: 1996 Q45

want to know more about radar/laser than you ever dreamed of,including an active forum comparing countermeasures,check out http://www.radardetector.net

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”