racing seats help

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
neo997x
Car: 1990 240sx

i am trying to put in some racing seats, and i dunno how to bracket them in to the stock holes in the floor i got the "adapter" peice for the set of sliders..but the don't fit anything... i wish i could read the directions but they didn't come with any. so any ideas guys

neo997x

ok so i now know univeral adapters do nothing and that i should look for some bribe rails, or something but i dunno if it will work for my after market seat

neo997x

Manufacturer-#1 NUMBER ONE, M-POD 7 Series Racing Seat

Zion8561
Car: 92 Nissan S13 Fastback

Looks like an Ebay seat. Im not sure how much customer support you will get from them, but I did a search and found the seat. The manufacturer claims that you can get a different set of rails to mount into factory holes. Maybe these do not come with your seats?

Worth looking into before you drill

onosqv
Car: '92 240sx Vert

I hope you are short, because the vast majority of bottom mount seats (like the ebay one you listed) will raise the seat about 2" if you use the sliders, and about 1" or so if you bolt directly to rail.

You can get a rail from wedge engineering (who makes sparco rails) & possibly get them to custom it, or from sparco directly.

These will bolt on to universal sliders. If you ditch the sliders, you have to drill 2 new holes to mount them direct.

I spent so much time doing all this research because I had a set of racing seats too, not worth the trouble - I'm 5'10" w/ 240 coupe + sunroof -> no fun driving, head hits a lot.

Only way is to get a custom rail or get a full bucket seat w/ side mount rails that sit lower than stock.

Return to “Interiors”