Race Report

All over the world, Nissan products are involved in road racing, track days, time attack and autocross.
Bsellers

Hi Everyone,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get to the web site and give everyone an update, but hopefully the saying still stands, better late than never. For all of you who watched the race you know we fell out about nine hours into the race, just as it started to get dark. T.V. does not do a great job at reporting a lot of time so some of you may be wondering what happend, and I am sad to report that we had minor engine problems. It was a great week for the Team HLM Infiniti Crawford, this was the first real test we were able to put the car through, and the time we were really able to throw changes at the car, and we made a lot of progress. The car was second quickest in the first practice on Friday which opend a lot of eyes. Thank you all for your support I, as well as all my other co-drivers truly appreciate your time and efforts to put our Infiniti on the map! Let me know if you have any questions. All my Best.

Bryan

NISMO85

Thanks Bryan, I talked with Alex Moore when I was near your garage during the installation of the race motor and wished him the best of luck. The car sounded great, and after I saw the 1:53 lap that was laid down, I cant wait to see you guys at a sprint race. Will you be racing in Mexico City? I've checked the entry list and the team still isnt listed. Anyways good luck the rest of the season.

Amoore

At the moment we are not planning on attending the Mexico City event but we are shooting for Homestead.

Alex MooreTeam HLM

Sput
Car: For Sale - Mazda3, slightly used

Alex - I'm not surprised about passing on Mexico City. I was offered a chance to discuss going, but I have no interest in going there. I doubt I'll be at Homestead. VIR definitely.

BSellers - nice to see you in Daytona, thanks for the hospitality and thanks for putting up with me wandering around the pit area once in a while.Sput

Amoore

Hey Sput did you ever get your hat?

fdhoward

We're still making progress on the race car. When we got to Daytona we felt we'd have to make a lot of changes to the car and we felt the engine was bullet proof. OOPS.

Regardless, Menards Engineering is diligently trying to find the issue with the engines and are working closely with us on getting it right. The good news is that it's not a problem that can't be solved relatively easily. We didn't scatter the internals and when we were running we were really fast. This car WILL win a lot of races.

We are really trying hard with the sponsors to get to Homestead. Guys I got to tell this sponsorship thing is the hardest thing I've ever done. While we're all big fans, Team HLM has a great business model for companies, and we working like a bunch of convicts-it is just a hard sell.

If anyone has any ideas or knows someone with a company we'd love to talk to them. We CAN show companies how to make money by using the race team. Any help from anyone is really appreciated.

By the way, the NICO club is a great bunch of enthusiasts. Thanks so much for your support. It really is important to us.

Frank Howard

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Frank, good seeing you post.

I was a bit irritated with the d24 coverage as it was all about the prototypes. I was watching while it was on and following lap speeds via online sources. At one point, it was doing a hell of a job eating up the field. Being the first race, I actually expected something to happen and was highly enthusiastic about some of the lap speeds shown.

I hear working with sponsors can be tough. It's a shame Nissan/Infiniti are not taking a more supportive stance since Team_HLM was the only team that actually raced within the "brand". Hopefully some sponsors took notice of the potential.

I will update G35GT to remove Mexico City from the race schedule. Good luck in future races.

Sput
Car: For Sale - Mazda3, slightly used

nope

Amoore

Sput, Email me your address and I will get one sent out to you.

Neticz

well i wish you guys the best of luck with the sponsor issues.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Hi Frank, thanks again for hooking me up at the track so I could keep NICO informed throughout the race. I wish I could have been there a few hours sooner so I could really get to talk to all you guys, but oh well...the credentials office sucks, what can you do.

Brian, same goes to you and the other drivers. I wish I could have been there before the race started to get some insight on practice and qualifying, but oh well. Unfortunately I don't have the time or money to follow you guys around to every race, but I am going to try to make Barber at the bare minimum.

nismofly
Car: 89 S13 Hatch

ill see you guys both times at the glen, quite possibly more

Return to “Nissan Road Racing / Auto X Forum”