R34 Skyline in Nurburgring 24hr?

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
SmithSR
Car: 240sx

Tuning in to SPEED channel, I caught a small bit of the famous Nurburgring 24hr... I was pleasantly surprised to see an endurance-spec R34 keeping pace with various ETCC prepped Audi and Porsche, Viper, Opel, BMW, and maybe some others that I can't remember right now. These races are apparently all but unknown in the states. What a sight it was though...this is where the N1 R34 (N being for Nur, Nurburgring) limited production model name originated, in tribute to the car's running the race, yes?...wish I would have recorded the show.

Anybody else see this year's race? Or any other year's race with the Skyline blasting down the horribly bumpy straight and catching air!! A MUST SEE!!

-Phil

Sami

SmithSR wrote:(N being for Nur, Nurburgring) limited production model name originated, in tribute to the car's running the race, yes?
No, N1 comes from Group N1 endurance racing.

SmithSR

Sami, that makes sense to me. However, isn't this special edition also badged with an "Nur" on the rear? Something I heard that there is a model badged in that fashion....I've never seen one, maybe others have though.

PS: Sami, amazing imagestation pictures!! Would you mind posting a quick list of price/mods/features/ on your 1992 Skyline GT-R

Sami

SmithSR wrote:Sami, that makes sense to me. However, isn't this special edition also badged with an "Nur" on the rear? Something I heard that there is a model badged in that fashion....I've never seen one, maybe others have though.

N1 has been there since R32, Nur is the latest R34 GT-R V-Spec model. R32 N1's were sold as racecars with minimal equipment (IO believe no seats, no paint etc).
SmithSR wrote:PS: Sami, would you mind posting a quick list of price/mods/features/ on your 1992 Skyline GT-R

Lets see what I can remember...

Garrett GT25 turbosHKS 272/272 camsHKS camgears etc.720cc injectorsNismo fuelpumpHKS twin plate clutchApex'i PowerFC + FCDatalogit + hand controllerApex'i GT exhaustApex'i GT intercoolerApex'i intakesTein coilovers + springs

Near future list:

brake upgrade, either Alcon or BremboTein TE37's or Nismo LMGT4's with 255/45/17 tiresoil cooleroil relocation kitcar computer (top secret project... :))

Not so near future:

sequantial gearbox :D

SmithSR

Sami wrote:N1 has been there since R32, Nur is the latest R34 GT-R V-Spec model. R32 N1's were sold as racecars with minimal equipment (IO believe no seats, no paint etc).
Thanks for the knowledge. And again, great pics of your car...and the Z8!! side by side two impressive machines!!

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

yes the N1 and Nur spec cars are different, Nur is available only on R34's, and it is short for Nurburgring, and N1 is from N1 endourance racing, two totally different cars, the N1 is a more stripped down race-ready version, has no radio, a/c , things like that, however i dont have much knowledge on the Nur spec car, so if someone would be kind enough to enlighten me on those it would be appreciated

SmithSR

Amazing. Thankyou to the both of you fine gentlemen. More good info to digest.

..The horizon always broadens...

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

anytime buddy, i do what i can :)

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”