R33 GTR Wheels

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
SCOOBYSHAG

where is the best place to find R33 GTR wheels for sale. Also what are the exact dimensions of the wheel and weight?

Thanks

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

i know they're 17s, not too sure about the weight, but your best bet is to try ebay, i believe they are 8inches wide as well

Sami

17x9 with +30 offset. I haven't weighted them. Forged aluminium.

I have a set for sale but I think I have a buyer for them already. Shoot me an e-mail just in case the sale doesn't happen and you're not in a hurry. I also know of a set of R32 GT-R wheels for sale, 16x8 magnesium wheels so you know they are light.

SCOOBYSHAG

Hey sami, you have mail, my friend

gsxtasee
Car: racing anything and everything

my wheels might be for sale when my car gets here... R33 GT-R

nlzmo400r

gsxtasee wrote:my wheels might be for sale when my car gets here... R33 GT-R
when do u plan on getting your car in, also are u going through motorex or just buying it and THEN getting it legalized through motorex? and how much did u pay, if u dont mind me asking of coures

gsxtasee

car will hopefully be here in about a month or so, though I can't have it for about 3 :-( I am going through Motorex. Cost and stuff is on the website plus I am adding some mods before I touch it.

nlzmo400r

wow, thats a good bit of money for legalization alone, also, what 'mods' are you planning on once u FIRST get it?

yeswepromise

gsxtasee - i am in socal as well. might be interested in those wheels when you decide to sell them. :)

gsxtasee

well, the prospect car they are chicking out right now has Nismo turbines, and upgraded intercooler, radiator, cams, intake/exhaust/all that crap, fully adjustable suspension as well as some computer work that they say puts the car in the 500awhp range... If I get that one, I won't have to do anything..

If I get a stock one, I will be upgrading turbos, cams, computer, intercooler, exhaust/DP's and stuff to put it in the 500AWHP range and I will do suspension a little later if I can't have the sweet Ohlins that I want...

As for the wheels, what do they go for? I figured I'd E-Bay them but Maybe I could get enough for them on here to make it worth my while. Hit me up with offers and I'll consider.

nlzmo400r

gsxtasee wrote:well, the prospect car they are chicking out right now has Nismo turbines, and upgraded intercooler, radiator, cams, intake/exhaust/all that crap, fully adjustable suspension as well as some computer work that they say puts the car in the 500awhp range... If I get that one, I won't have to do anything..

If I get a stock one, I will be upgrading turbos, cams, computer, intercooler, exhaust/DP's and stuff to put it in the 500AWHP range and I will do suspension a little later if I can't have the sweet Ohlins that I want...

As for the wheels, what do they go for? I figured I'd E-Bay them but Maybe I could get enough for them on here to make it worth my while. Hit me up with offers and I'll consider.
well how about you set a price, i dont know how much they usually run for, so i dont want to low ball u or anything, arent they the same pattern as all of nissans 5lugs?

gsxtasee

I dunno crap about Nissans unfortunately... I am a DSM'er as far as USDM cars go. My other toy is a '91 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4.

I will look around and see if I can find out what they go for. I have my eye on a set of 18x10's for the GT-R and could use some help paying for them. I'll get back to you on a price.

nlzmo400r

thanks, i appreciate the response, also, i htought u were buying a GT-R thats not too good that u dont know jack about nissans then bro, souds like u got a lot of studyin to do

Sami

$1200, give or take, that's a fair price for a set of used R33 GT-R wheels.

nlzmo400r

thanks for showing me some kind of ball park Sami, also, gsxtasee, u said they were 18x1o, i thought they were 17x8s??

Sami

nlzmo400r wrote:thanks for showing me some kind of ball park Sami, also, gsxtasee, u said they were 18x1o, i thought they were 17x8s??
I think he meant he was going to get 18x10's. R33 wheels are 17x9 with +30 offset.

nlzmo400r

well i dont think the offset will be the problem, i think its the boltpattern will be the problem for me, i doubt its the same, with the gt-r being a JDM car, i dont know if thta makes a differnce in bolt patterns or not

Sami

5x114.3mm

gsxtasee

what offset? Are they hub-centric or lug-centric? 5x114.3 is same as SDM and Mustang but Mustang is different offset and is hub centric instead of lug centric like DSM's...

SWIFT_DRIFT

Sami, I take it you sold your wheels already?

gsxtasee are you willing to sell your wheels right now?

Sami

SWIFT_DRIFT wrote:Sami, I take it you sold your wheels already?
I have a buyer (I believe SCOOBYSHAG) but the wheels haven't been available yet due to the waiting time for replacements. E-mail me just in case they won't be sold, but for now I consider them as they are.

SWIFT_DRIFT

Sent email. Let me know if you get it, thanks.

yeswepromise

1200 seems like a fair price for r33 wheels. what kind of wheels are you gonna get...you mentioned the 18x10.

gsxtasee

My skyline is not in the country yet. It is currently at BLAST racing in Nagoya Japan where they are verifying the modifications, and the mechanical soundness of the vehicle. I should know soon about the complete mods list and the true vehicle condition. As soon as they say "It's a good car" it is bought and on a boat for the good ole' US of A :-) I am looking at 18x10's, the wheels on it now are stock and I do not know what size/bolt patter/offset. I only have a pic of what they look like. I hear they are frequently retained by GTR owners as they supposedly make decent track wheels.

Yes, I do have a lot of studying to do. I always liked the GTR but I never really studied it since I never thought I'd own one before I move to Japan... I now have some catching up to do. I am not a retard in that I know about cars, I just don't have the Skyline-specific knowledge I need.

I could presell the wheels with a deposit but wouldn't want full payment until I see the car and can verify the condition of the wheels myself.

Supposedly, If I get the car it looks like I'm getting, it already has a Blitz front bumper and a new wing. It also is supposed to come with the stock body parts so I will likely have a R33 front bumper and wing for sale soon...

Sami

gsxtasee wrote:I am looking at 18x10's
You might do some research on what wheels it comfortably fits. I take it is an R33. Not sure how different it is from R32 but for my car I decided to go with 18x9 instead of 18x9.5 because they will propably be a much better fit.

Also, keep in mind that you're propably going to order the wheels from Japan anyway for proper offset, might as well think of doing it before you get the car. The Volks I'm ordering take 60-120 days to arrive. A set of 18x9.5 were found closer for 2-4 week delivery.

nlzmo400r

gsxtasee wrote:My skyline is not in the country yet. It is currently at BLAST racing in Nagoya Japan where they are verifying the modifications, and the mechanical soundness of the vehicle. I should know soon about the complete mods list and the true vehicle condition. As soon as they say "It's a good car" it is bought and on a boat for the good ole' US of A :-) I am looking at 18x10's, the wheels on it now are stock and I do not know what size/bolt patter/offset. I only have a pic of what they look like. I hear they are frequently retained by GTR owners as they supposedly make decent track wheels.

Yes, I do have a lot of studying to do. I always liked the GTR but I never really studied it since I never thought I'd own one before I move to Japan... I now have some catching up to do. I am not a retard in that I know about cars, I just don't have the Skyline-specific knowledge I need.

I could presell the wheels with a deposit but wouldn't want full payment until I see the car and can verify the condition of the wheels myself.

Supposedly, If I get the car it looks like I'm getting, it already has a Blitz front bumper and a new wing. It also is supposed to come with the stock body parts so I will likely have a R33 front bumper and wing for sale soon...
well atleat you're trying to learn, a skyline is an amazing car and takes knowledge to take care of, and you know if u have any questoins, you should know where to come for the answers

gsxtasee

When talking to my friend Vernon at MotoRex, he suggests 18x10's for the R33 GT-R. I will do further research on this. My car should be here in about 3 weeks and I am open to suggestion for what type of wheels would look nice on a dark blue R33. I am more concerned with functionality than purely looks. I want them to be light and strong... suggestions anyone??

Sami

gsxtasee wrote:When talking to my friend Vernon at MotoRex, he suggests 18x10's for the R33 GT-R.
Did he mention any reasoning? What width tire are you looking to use?
gsxtasee wrote:I will do further research on this. My car should be here in about 3 weeks and I am open to suggestion for what type of wheels would look nice on a dark blue R33. I am more concerned with functionality than purely looks. I want them to be light and strong... suggestions anyone??
Volk TE37, 18.5lb in 18x9, this is what I'm getting.

Nismo LM GT4 is also roughly in the same weight, maybe even a little lighter. Hard to find, that's why I'm going with the Volks.

Bronze, or gunmetal.

Volk CE28's are even lighter still, I believe. If you like the style, wouldn't be a bad wheel.

nlzmo400r

i agree, also, i love volk GT-Cs, gold or gunmetal with polished lip, great looking wheels and very light

gsxtasee

I'm posting a link to the pics here so you can see the wheels but I'll post it again in my "new addition" post.

http://www.xyrth.com/crazyjason/

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”