R32 Import help

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
weekendwarrior72
Car: none yet :(

So I'm new here, almost bought a r32 GTR a month back from a guy in Calgary, CA but he sold it a few days before I could fly up. I live in GA, USA. Ive found a r32 GTR, completely stock, really nice except for a nice, long key mark in the door, and slashed seats (and the d!ck of the year award goes too.. :tisk: ) from a guy who broke into the car. Anyway, other than that, low miles, mechanically perfect, and CHEAP. Due to some stupid law they have up in Manitoba, the car has an "irrepairable" status and the owner can't get it re-titled. So, my questions are...

To import a 1990 GTR into the US...
1) Do I NEED the title, or will a bill of sale suffice?
2)Can I import it with an irreparable title?
3)Can I get it re registered in a different Canadian providence, re title it, and import it?

Thanks in advance.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Walk away.

There's likely some other issue with the title and the seller is full of crap. No, you can't import a car without a title, and no, you can't "wash" the title.

There's really no way to get around importing a car properly. Besides, it's probably full of rust. Would you buy a 90 S13 sight unseen from Manitoba?

weekendwarrior72
Car: none yet :(

No rust, have seen a ton of pics. So theres no way? If not, I'm just gunna wait on the skylines until they become reasonable to buy domestically. Think ill get a 300x tt in the meantime. Thanks

GSX-R35
Car: 2010 Black Obsidian TSM Pro Eight R35
1999 Midnight Purple 2 R34 V-spec
1990 Gun Metal Grey Nismo R32

There are so many R32s getting imported now that I don't see why anyone would want one with issues unless it was a rare version. A dodgy title would immediately make me walk away from this car 'cause as AZhitman pointed out only God knows what other crap could be wrong with it.

fn_gtr
Car: '90 Pearl White Nismo R32
'90 Wine Red R32 GT-R

Gotta agree with everyone else here. There's a lot more coming over so you can definitely find ones with much less hassle & baggage for a good price.

JDMEXPO-NY
Car: 1990 Nissan Skyline GTR

Since you're in GA, you may be interested in a white r32 gtr we have in NY. It's not "Canada cheap" though, because almost every cheap Canadian car has got a lot of rust from 5-10yrs of snow and road salt.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

JDMEXPO-NY wrote:Since you're in GA, you may be interested in a white r32 gtr we have in NY. It's not "Canada cheap" though, because almost every cheap Canadian car has got a lot of rust from 5-10yrs of snow and road salt.
NICO Terms of Service/Conduct and helpful information

4) Commercial posting. We all hate spam, and spamming our members is a good way to be removed from NICO. Further, if you are a business and you have a product that might be of interest to our members, feel free to contact us. We can't allow commercial posting for non-paying advertisers, but we're very flexible and can design a package that accommodates most business budgets.

*If you are a business that caters to Nissan / Infiniti owners and would like to reach 200,000+ dedicated Nissan enthusiasts, please refer to this link: http://www.nicoclub.com/advertise

Thank you for helping make NICOclub the #1 Nissan / Infiniti enthusiasts' forum on the Web!

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”