R32 coupe vs GTR tail lights

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
Xdisaster240sX
Car: S13 Hatch, R32 GTS4

Im new to the to owning a SKyline. Ive always had S13s. !4 to be exact :laugh: anyways, I picked up a 90 GTS-4 sedan and it came with almost all the GTR body parts. Im in the middle of swapping everything over but Im running into an issue. I have cut where the lights sit in order for them to sit and I cant move them over anymore due to the bumper but my questions are...

1) Are the gtr longer then the coupes or are they the same? Im having an issue with the side not maching up with the body line but in all the right ups that I read and in all the photos they seem to have matched up perfectly.

2) What about the gap on top of the light where it meets the quarter? thats another area that doesnt match the write ups or photos.

Hitokiri_Gensai
Car: 92 Nissan Skyline GTS-t

The coupe GTS4 and GTR are the same length. It is possible the GTR tails are slightly wider to fit the wide fenders but i honestly think theyre the same part?

As for the gap, thats possibly from a prior accident that wasnt fixed properly. If you look at the vast majority of these cars they have misaligned parts, especially on the front end.

**edit**

Just reread your post. The sedan rear end is completely different from the coupe and the taillight brackets arent the same. So to do a coupe rear end on the sedan you have to cut and weld the brackets in place, which may explain the misalignment.

Ozzie
Car: '90 300ZX twin turbo - 2 seater
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S twin turbo
'06 MK5 Golf tdi

Hitokiri_Gensai wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:57 am
Just reread your post. The sedan rear end is completely different from the coupe and the taillight brackets arent the same. So to do a coupe rear end on the sedan you have to cut and weld the brackets in place, which may explain the misalignment.
^ This.
The sedan and coupe rears are different.
Different bumper, different trunk, different shaped tails

Sedan:

Coupe:

M35Squirrel
Car: 1990 GT-R, 2011 M37

Are you trying to fit the tail lights flush to rear quarter? If your car has GTR rear quarter, the outer line does not fit flush, there is a step. However the upper line does sit flush with both trunk and quarter.

Hitokiri_Gensai
Car: 92 Nissan Skyline GTS-t

Ozzie wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:05 pm
Hitokiri_Gensai wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:57 am
^ This.
The sedan and coupe rears are different.
Different bumper, different trunk, different shaped tails

Sedan:

Coupe:
Yeah, i just realized he was starting with a sedan not the coupe.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”