QX80 gas pedal shutter

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
Chesteriv06
Car: 2014 Infiniti QX80

Hey guys, I've got a QX80 on 26's and it seems as if each time I hit a bump, the gas pedal shutters a little bit. Does anyone notice this with their qx56 or qx80 with aftermarket wheels? Thanks. It never did it before I changed wheels.

marctronixx

sounds like the ABS kicking in due to the oversize wheels.

Eviltwin52s
Car: Qx56

Nah the ABS isn't kicking in with his slightly bigger wheels. I ride on 28" 295/25 28's and have no issues with my QX56.

More than likely you may have a touchy accelerator pedal, you may be ever so slightly touching the gas pedal when you hit that bump and don't notice it. My Yukon Denali did the same thing.

marctronixx

sounds like ABS issues/alignment issues. happens on smaller wheel diameters as well. if one goes over uneven terrain whilst braking and ANY wheel skips ever so slightly over the uneven terrain, ABS will automatically kick in. one may or may not feel it.

accelerator positioning can be relearned by doing an ECM reset first followed by the pedal learning procedure that can be found easily over the internet.

would hope the OP by now has taken the car in to get checked out.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”