QX60 backup camera replaced

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
JJobst
Car: 2016 QX60

Hello all, new to the forum and a fairly new Infiniti owner. This past year we rented a QX60 while on vacation and liked it enough that we began searching for one to purchase. We were able to find one that we liked and purchased it but quickly found out the backup camera was horrible!

The camera was especially bad at night and I ended up ordering an alternate unit off amazon that I felt would mount well in the place of the oem unit. Today I installed the new camera and got everything functioning. I just tested it in the driveway with all of the lights off and it is a huge improvement. Now for the annoying part.... I disabled the predictive lines through the vehicle but still have the green-red backup assist lines. The new camera I ordered also has its own set of lines. I can live with this if I must but I would prefer not to since they are in slightly different locations and could confuse someone that doesn’t normally drive the car. Does anyone know if the oem lines can be disabled somehow? I can find little to no information on this.

I read that some aftermarket cameras can be opened and a certain pin on the chip de-soldered but my unit is sealed and encapsulated in epoxy ruling that option out. Does anyone know if there is a way to dig into the oem converted box and disable the lines that are produced by the Infiniti end?

Thanks in advance!

boag
Car: 2004 350z & 2004 q45

I can address the issue if the pins but I agree the backup camera is awful. I have Q45 we bought new and it is still low miles, but when I compare it to my newer car it doesn't even come close to quality. When you installed the new camera was it a direct replacement?

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Moved to QX60 forum.

Mjkkb2
Car: 2018 QX60 AWD, 2011 M37S, 2011 Quest, 2001 I30t(sold)

I believe you can disable them in the diagnostic menu.

To access the menu turn the radio off.
With the engine running, press and hold SETTINGS button and at the same time turn the volume knob until you hear a beep. And you're in!

find camera settings and it should be there to turn it on/off.

good luck!

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”