QX60 (2015) Bluetooth

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
cmason
Car: QX60

Hoping someone can help me. My son wants to play his music from his iPhone via Bluetooth in my QX60. I went through the process of adding his phone to the car and he entered the 4 digit passcode on his phone. His phone recognized the Bluetooth. When he attempted to play his music from his iTunes library nothing happens. The car radio continued to play. I even went so far as to turn off my Bluetooth just in case it interfered. Did I miss a step? Am I or is he doing something wrong on his phone? When I had my Honda Pilot & connected his phone to its Bluetooth, his phone was instantly recognized & he was able to play his music. All help is appreciated. Thanks.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome to NICO!

A few questions...
Which iPhone version?
Which iPhone OS version?
Have you checked it's compatibility? The Bluetooth® Information Center lists all compatible phones for Infiniti vehicles. Begin your search at Find a Phone.

Will a non-recommended Bluetooth®-enabled phone work?
If your phone is not on the Infiniti recommended phone list, limited functions may be available, but the system will not operate correctly or to its fullest capability.

Infiniti Bluetooth® Information Center FAQ's

cmason
Car: QX60

Thank you Rogue One! I would have driven myself crazy trying to figure that out. That was the problem...his phone is an iPhone 5 through Virgin Mobile and it's IOS 9.1 and it's not on the list. He will just have to use the Aux feature (using an Aux cord) in order to play his tunes. I'm assuming there is a place to plug that in? I have yet to explore everything the QX60 offers. I just realized I had XM radio as a trial. Had the car for a week.

I really appreciate your help! Thanks again!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Sorry, I'm not fully versed in your vehicle. Usually if it has an aux jack, it's on the front of the head unit. This video should help. BTW, it would seem that there may be RCA connectors located under the center arm rest lid. Here's a direct link to the FSM for your vehicle: Index of /FSM/QX60/2015 QX60 You'll want to look at the AV.pdf

TreyhunnaM37x
Car: M37x

Weird theres nothing special about a iphone running ios 9. Works in my m37. And on a q50 i test drove. U have to set the source to bluetooth audio bedore itll play music from a device

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”