QX56 longevity

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
tights24

Hello all,

New member here. Currently own a Yukon SLT and enjoy the rig, but am looking at newer style QX56's and QX80's. Previous Titan owner and was the best truck I ever owned to be honest. I am familiar with the 5.6 but not in the configuration on the QX platform. Not sure where the HP bump came from tbh. Direct injection maybe?

Regardless, and on to my question. With the 2011+ version of the QX, is the engine as stout and reliable as the original 5.6 that was used in the Titan and Armada? Any things to check when looking at used vehicles? Finally, what mileage is too high when considering a used vehicle? I live in Florida, so most of my selections will certainly be the 2wd platform as well. Curious if anyone has any feedback as to the general reliability of the higher hp 5.6 and how they are holding up once cresting 100k miles. Thanks all.

marctronixx

these cars dont have a lot of 100K plus people on the forums.

the car is super reliable. built like a tank. there is a major recall on the timing chain that has been discussed on this forum and many others.

since nissan is addressing this as a recall, the car really has nothing major wrong with it. ive had two armadas and now the qx (bought new a 2012).

lots of videos online to look at as well.

its a solid car. you will be very happy with it.

tights24

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I read a couple of other threads concerning the timing chain while i was perusing the forum. I also remember your reply to someone looking at a 2011. Thanks again!

marctronixx

its a tough car. very reliable. people are still rocking 2005 armadas with over 200K on the clock.

the new q and armadas are made direct in japan where quality control and spec can be tightly controlled.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”