Qx56/ARMADA-2nd Row Seat to bench "Remove the console"

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
Immune
Car: Qx56 Infiniti

Hi Guys,

i am new here, well this is my first post that i wanted to share with all. it is about removing the 2nd row console in QX56/ARMADA, and replace it with a seat, so you have more space for family :cool: .

well i have done the work on my QX56 and it went so very well, it is a 60 minutes job. i am not able to upload the pics so far, i will be back with the pics, for now here what i have done:

1- remove the console - un-plung the cup holder, then un-clip the console.
2- remove the console base - plastic base with 4 screws.
3- remove the steel plate under the base - 6 bolts, 4 bolts will be holding the plate, another 2 beneath it.
4- remove the 2 arm rests - the challenge is to remove the nuts that hold the arm rest, i have used ratchet rod and moved it up n down, forth n back :gapteeth: , and it did the work :naughty:
5- install the new seat- 6 bolts
6- adjust the original seats so the new seat can fit in perfectly.

marctronixx

thanks for posting. this has been discussed over the years but its always good to see new users posting their success... :)

sunny1113
Car: 2010 Nissan Armada Platinum

-Where did you buy the seat? can you fold it and still use it as cup holder?
-can you please try to post pics?

I have 2010 Armada platinum with captain seats, and want to add seat instead of just cup holder as well.

Thanks

marctronixx

the bench seat is 60/40 and the do have cup holders.

you can get the bench from criagslist, fleabay, salvage yard, dealer, online sites.

sometimes you find people on web sites looking to trade up, so check this site out and check out clubarmada forums as well.

mikearmada2011
Car: 2011 Nissan Armada Platinum Trim
Silver with Black leather interrior

Will this work on a 2011 Armada Platinum Trim? How exactly did you remove the arm rests?

Mike

s4play
Car: QX56

Any photos?

I have 2nd row captain chairs and plan to remove the console just to use as as walk-through as this is a top priority for our family.

thanks!

Fiddysix

Anyone ever do this? I've been looking to swap my captains chairs on my 07 qx56 for the bench, but if I can just replace the console with a seat thatd be a whole lot cheaper...

Fiddysix

Anyone ever do this? I've been looking to swap my captains chairs on my 07 qx56 for the bench, but if I can just replace the console with a seat thatd be a whole lot cheaper...

Fiddysix

:naughty: It is possible!! I ended up finding a complete second row from a 2008 qx56. I have a 2007 but everything was exactly the same. I initially only removed the console and put the middle seat in. However, after I removed the arm rests from the captains chairs there is a longer threaded part that sticks out and makes it really hard to fold the seats or recline so I just installed the new chairs that came with the middle seat. One happy dude.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”