QX4 HID Headlight

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
Turd Furgeson

I have a 2001 QX4 with the HID/Xenon headlights. Tonight, I noticed the drivers headlight wasnt working. When first turning the lights on, it will flicker fery slightly for about 1-2 seconds, then just wont light up. And it is very dim when it does flicker. Considering the cost of these bulbs, I dont want to just buy one for the heck of it without knowing its the problem. I'm not too farmilliar with HID's, but I do know there is a ballast/ignitor? Has anyone had a similar problem? Thanks in advance!

jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

I don't have much know how in this area either. I guess the first thing to check would be the conections.Then go from there. Swithc the bulb from the working side to check if it is the bulb.Good luck and keep us posted.

wereman66
Car: 2000 Acura 3.2 TL & 2004 Nissan Pathfinder

Why don't you swap from left to right...and right to left. Make sure you don't touch the glass part of the bulb. Any dirt or grease on the bulb will make it burn out sooner.

This is a trick I learn from my tube amplifer to find out whether there's a problem with my EL34 tubes...

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”