QX4 1998 Drivers side rear door

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
Carp wagon 1998
Car: 1998 Infiniti QX4

Hi folks I,ll have lots of questions first one is how to get into rear drivers side door? Sorry hi my name is Dale from indianapolis and thanks for letting me in. The outside handle doesn't seem to work and the inside won't. Open the door I've tried pushing and made sure the door locks are open. Is this something I will need to take the inside apart ? Pretty sure the child lock is off. Will start to take apart in a few days. Thanks in advance DO Weaver

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The child lock would only prevent the inside handle from working, it would still open from outside. With both handles inop, chances are the latch/lock mechanism is screwed. Very often the only way to get it open will be to work the inside panel off it, then destroy the lock with a hammer and prybar. Once the inside panel is removed, try soaking it in WD40 first and working the latch levers manually. If the lock is simply corroded or gunked, sometimes that will free it up without damage.

Carp wagon 1998
Car: 1998 Infiniti QX4

Thanks for the information on door, After removing rear panel was able to monkey with door rods and the door opened. Cleaned and lubed lock and now is working just fine. How easy. Next question whoever ? what strut number and kind should I use am going to put OME 2inch lift springs on? Thanks again DOW

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”