Quick spring question

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Polie
Car: Stock for now 2013 Versa

-Are the springs the same from lets say 2007 to 2013? The reason I ask is that some websites list springs that work for 2007-2012 but others list a product 2007-2013.

I am looking at these guys:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-12-NISSAN-VE ... 0532636734
http://www.importpartspro.com/mrlsnv06.html
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-Lowering-S ... 0855646441

Polie
Car: Stock for now 2013 Versa

lots of views but no one posts... :wtf2:

k3vin15753
Car: Versa 07
Jeep patriot 08

Yea they fit are u looking to lower your ride? Those brands tho never really heard of them lol.

lordthygod
Car: Versa/nx2000

ive had the nismo suspeion kit on for years and i absolutely love it. Great on the back roads and off ramps, and not completely terrible if you have to deal with cities and potholes. I would describe them as firm but not overly stiff, and honestly i would not go any lower, while rare i still scrap on the odd steep grade driveway

Tacuvito
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL

At this point in my life I say, "Stock is beautiful". I've lowered vehicles in the past and while it makes them look sporty and aggressive, the ride is not as smooth, you feel all the bumps on the road, you bottom out all the time, and you run a high risk of damaging your under carriage; I got two perforated oil pans and one bent exhaust pipe. Also, your steering suffers and your tirewear increases because of the off camber and caster, which you can't adjust in the Versa.
Vehicles are designed with manufacturer’s settings for a reason. Countless hours of research and development go into designing suspension components and typically those numbers are the best to go with. Attempting to differ from the norm may result in dangerous conditions, especially for public road vehicles.
That being said, they sure look awesome dropped.

lordthygod
Car: Versa/nx2000

while in general i would agree with the last post, ill suggest the nismo s-tune suspension. It was developed for our cars and takes the all those things into account that a random aftermarket suspension may not. I've never bottomed out my suspension even when moving origanalwheelman out of his apartment and all of his spare parts in my car that prolly came to about 1200 pounds or so. I've also never scraped undercarriage or exhaust. The steering feel is hands down better than the orig setup and tire wear is no worse(ive had the same bridgestone potenza's on the rear for 6 years or so summer and winter in buffalo ny and only replaced the fronts because i picked up a nail through construction). Do some research and ask people about all of the concerns that the last poster brought up about each suspension you consider, but i'll hands down give the nismo setup my full support rain, shine, sleet, or snow; yes it is a bit more harsh over potholes in the city, but i have a bad back from a work accident and id rather drive my versa with nismo suspension than my fathers g6 gt, mothers Suzuki xl7 any day. In fact i just drove the 1k miles in one day down to memphis with no back problems, and then back a few months later, i can not say that about many cars.

Return to “Versa General Chat”