quick release steering wheel kit

All over the world, Nissan products are involved in road racing, track days, time attack and autocross.
socal510

A motorsports question, but it's for street use...I've posed this question to others with no response - does anyone know who sells/has a quick release steering wheel kit to plug & play on a stock 1971 Datsun 510 steering shaft with a 240 Z steering wheel? I've seen a universal kit for street use, but I think you need a different steering wheel. I know someone who had his dime stolen and I don't want to lose mine.

dmuramoto
Car: 350Z street, 350Z GT3 and T3 racecars, Versa HB and Infiniti G37xS sedan

I've never seen a QR hub that fit onto a Datsun/Nissan splined shaft. Most quick release hubs need a lateral groove cut into the spline itself to lock the hub/wheel into place. Without it, there's a chance the wheel could come off at speed--not the best of scenarios.

I've used a variety of QR hubs and most require a weld-on stub. The best of them was the MOMO QR unit. It features a six bolt hub that fits most race wheels and is precision machined to only fit onto the stub in one position. This eliminates any play in the steering wheel and makes it line up every time.

Probably not the answer you wanted, but at least you got the best I could offer!

Return to “Nissan Road Racing / Auto X Forum”