Quick question about Hobbs overboost switch

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
poshatch
Car: p.o.s. 1990 240sx hatch

Hey all,

I have a Hobbs overboost switch that i installed today and i want to verify that i installed it correctly.

I read online that you splice it into the black with the red stripe power wire going to the ignitor coil.

engine is a 91 ka24de

so it sits like this without overboost

Power from ecu -> in switch COM -> out of switch on top pin -> ignitor coil

and then when it does have overboost

Power from ecu -> in switch COM -> out of switch in middle (the one that is selected when the switch clicks on according to the side of the switch) -> grounded to chassis.

Will this set up work or is there any ill effects of having the power wire be grounded?

Thanks everybody!

poshatch

bump!

i know this is a common thing i just want verification that im not going to do any damage grounding that power wire

cause i could just leave it open and taped and it will just "unplug" the wire instead of grounding it

poshatch

bump!

seriously? nobody has any info on here about this?

Razi
Car: Moo

We have a write-up on it, but I haven't read through it in a few years.

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/how-to ... again.html

neverlift

to test function you simply jump the terminals on the hobbs..

poshatch

well im going to get access to a compressor and adjust the switch to 11 psi since i plan on running 8psi and ill allow a few psi for some breathing room so thats i how i can test and set it

but i was going to try to wire it to serve as an "unplug" function, i just dont know if grounding it or just simply covvering it and letting it switch to a terminal connected to nothing would be the best course of action.

I have read that writeup but it refer's to ecu pins and i looked them up online and they didnt seem to match anything relevant

i dont want to test the setup and have something bad happen you see lol

i guess ill just try it ungrounded and if it works it works

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”