Quick question about cam mod on S13 (yes I have searched)

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
SpicyBigDad
Car: 1992 Nissan 240SX SE Juniper Green

Sorry guys another cam thread :gotme

But I have been searching for about an hour and have been unable to figure this out.
I have a 92 S13 with a KA24DE. Tonight I'm gonna be picking up a 232 cam, replacing my exhaust cam with it, and swapping the exhaust cam to the intake side. (Going to be running 248/232).

I know that for the intake cam I have to rotate the gear 3-4 teeth CCW. But since I am going from 248 to 232 on the exhaust side I'm not sure how to adjust it accordingly. Im sure this has been done before but I have been scrounging on here and other sites for about an hour with no luck.

Has anyone else with an S13 ran 248/232? I'd like to know what you did to make it run right. Like most of the people who did this I'm on a budget and would rather only do this once.

TL;DR Doing 248/232 cam swap on S13 KA24DE. Going to rotate 248 cam on intake 3-4 teeth CCW, not sure what direction or how much to rotate 232 cam on exhaust

I'd really appreciate it, sorry if there is a thread discussing this already but I have not been able to find it. If someone can shoot me a link or anything that can help me PLEASE let me know. Thank you

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”