Quick Hlep Needed - Parts All Over the Driveway -Trailer Wiring Install

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
kg5ie
Car: '08 Rogue

Final question I hope...

I have installed the trailer wiring per the instructions. The instructions say to plug the power wire to the isolation box to the "power" wire that is taped to the harness running along the driver's side. I have done that. I says if you don't have a plug, run a power wire to the battery...but I have a plug.

My problem is that the power plug has no power. I have checked it out with a multi-meter and zero...nadda. Lights on, flashers on, blinkers on, still nothing to that plug.

Is there a fuse that has to be added to make this plug hot?

Thanks in advance!!

philipa_240sx

I am going from memory here... I believe the fuse is #20 on the interior fuse panel (lower left dash near the power mirror controls) . It is tied into the accessory power relay. This means you must have the ignition in ACC, or ON for you to get power to the harness.

kg5ie

Philipa_240sx,

I had the engine running while I was doing the testing, so the relay you mentioned should have been energized.

Is it possible that the fuse was not added at the factory? Another user advised me to look to see if I had "trailer relays". That one confused me. I didn't know there were trailer relays.

I am on travel now in Orlando but I can check out any of your possible suggestions once I get home on Friday.

One other question that begs to be asked is "what is that plug originally intended for any way?"

Thanks,

Bill

kg5ie

Bump! Still looking for an answer...

Bill

Return to “Rogue Forum”